Dangermuffin is an American band from Folly Beach, South Carolina. Their musical styles include Americana, folk, and jam music that's organic and cool. The band is a trio whose instrumentation includes acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and drums. The group was founded in 2007 and has been touring coast-to-coast since. Dangermuffin released their fourth album, Olly Oxen Free, in May 2012.
Dangermuffin's music is known for the songwriting and vocals of Dan Lotti, winner of the Songwriters Hall of Fame's 2005 "New Writers Showcase." Their music receives heavy airplay on Sirius XM Radio and was featured in the June 2011 issue of Relix Magazine. Dangermuffin was voted the Best Jam/Groove/Reggae Band of the Year in the 2011 Charleston City Paper Music Awards.
Dangermuffin gave back to the community after donating a percentage of merchandise sales to the Ronald McDonald House Charity of Charleston, SC. They also hosted the Turkey Jam, a benefit for the Low country Food Bank that raised over $3,000.
- Songs for the Universe (2014)
- Olly Oxen Free (2012)
- Moonscapes (2010)
- Emancee (2008)
- Beermuda (2007)
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dangermuffin has performed at some of the largest attended music festivals in the United States, including Wanee Music Festival in Florida, moe.down in New York, Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion in Tennessee, Taos Mountain Music Festival in New Mexico, Summer Camp Music Festival in Illinois, FloydFest in Virginia, Jazz Aspen in Colorado, and All Good Music Festival in Masontown, West Virginia. Dangermuffin has also opened for bands like Hot Tuna with Jorma Kaukonen and O.A.R..
- "Music Type". mysanantonio.com. 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2011-11-29.
- "Coast-to-coast". charlestonscene.com. 2011-11-17. Retrieved 2011-11-29.
- "Songwriting". headstash.com. 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-11-29.
- "On The Verge". relix.com. 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Best Jam/Groove/Reggae Band of the Year". charlestoncitypaper.com. 2011-10-19. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "Turkey Jam". charlestoncitypaper.com. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2011-11-29.