|Origin||New York City, USA|
|Genres||Alternative dance, electronic rock, synthpop|
Warner Music Group
Dangerous Muse formed when Furey and Tom Napack met as students at Fordham University, New York City. At the time, Furey was roommates with Greg Zaffiro. Furey, a singer-songwriter trained in piano, wanted to experiment with a more electronic sound and Napack, a musician-programmer, was looking to collaborate with a lyricist. Their first recording, "The Rejection", caught the attention of record mogul Seymour Stein who offered the duo a demo deal with Sire Records and facilitated their signing to Cordless Recordings, a digital imprint of Warner Music Group. Soon after, the duo signed with former Warner Bros. Records Senior Executive, Craig Kostich of Operational Art, for management.
"The Rejection" was their debut three-song digital EP. A music video for the lead single aired on MTV/Logo Network and in its second week went to #1 on the countdown. This success rallied significant press coverage for the duo. Highlights include the cover of The Advocate's annual music issue, Perez Hilton's popular blog, and the New York Daily News "Year End Ones to Watch." They were featured in the H&M Fashion Against Aids annual campaign along with Katy Perry, Yoko Ono, Robyn and other artists to raise awareness of HIV/AIDS. An exclusive t-shirt designed by Dangerous Muse was sold in stores worldwide and online to support the cause. Over the last few years, Dangerous Muse has released a series of acclaimed singles and EPs as Furey finished his masters degree in English literature at Fordham University.
In April 2012, the band officially announced that the keyboardist, Tom Napack, had left Dangerous Muse to begin his own project, Vanity Police. Dangerous Muse currently performs as a 4-piece band consisting of: Mike Furey (lead vocals, piano), Ray Suhy (guitar), Walls O’Mara (bass), and Chris Kling (acoustic/electronic drums) with live video art projections by Mojo Video Tech. Significant Dangerous Muse performances include direct support for Erasure in The Violet Flame Tour, NewNowNext Awards w/ Lady Gaga (MTV Studios, Times Square), Cornell University and Irving Plaza.
|2006||Give Me Danger
|2007||Give Me Danger|
|2009||I Want It All
|2007||Everyday Is Halloween
||Give Me Danger|
|2009||I Want It All|
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry (soundtrack) (July 20, 2007) "The Rejection"
- Asleep By Dawn Magazine Presents: DJ Ferret's Underground Club Mix #3 (October 30, 2007 Dancing Ferret Discs) "Give Me Danger"
- I Love Montreal : Mixed By Peter Rauhofer (2007) "Give Me Danger (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Dub)"
Dangerous Muse Official Remixes
- Tegan And Sara - Back In Your Head (Dangerous Muse Remix)
- The Veronicas - Untouched (Napack - Dangerous Muse Remixes)
- Alanis Morissette - Not As We (Dangerous Muse Remix)
- Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (Dangerous Muse "Match In The Gas Tank" Remix)
- Adam Lambert - If I Had You (Dangerous Muse Remix)