Dani Campbell is an American reality television participant who became notable in the lesbian community as a symbol of self-assurance, causing Curve to call her "the first lesbian girl next door," and the Miami Herald to declare her South Florida's "most eligible lesbian." She was the runner-up in the first bisexual dating reality show, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila and the final female contestant. Most recently she appeared in the third season of Kourtney and Kim Take Miami on the episode 'Lez-B-Honest', which aired January 27, 2013.
Campbell is a firefighter/paramedic in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. During the show, she revealed that she came out as a lesbian to her mother at 16 years old. She also said she does not identify as either a butch or femme lesbian but as a cross between the two, in her words, "futch."
Following the airing of the show, she was considered a celesbian and developed a following, including 11- to 18-year-old girls and lesbians of all ages. During the airing of the show, she emerged as a fan favorite. MTV reported that Campbell was the most popular celebrity on one of its websites (iamonmtv.com), with 28,000 fans.
Campbell stated she was going to start a clothing line, called Futch Apparel, to cater to women like her who preferred gender-neutral or men's clothing in sizes appropriate for women. However, she now operates a website called Pink Boy Blue Girl that sells only T-shirts and tank tops.
- Anderson-Minshall, Diane (April 2008). "Another Shot at Love". Curve. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- CELEB ROUNDUP: For MTV's Tila, it's a boy!, Miami Herald, December 19, 2007 p. A8
- Kaplan, Don, 'Futch" Fetish - Gay firefighter emerges as fan fave on MTV dating show, New York Post, December 6, 2007 106
- AP Alert - Entertainment, December 20, 2007
- "PinkBoyBlueGirl.com". Archived from the original on 2009-01-26. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
|This biography related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender history or culture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|