Daniel A. D'Aniello
Daniel A. D'Aniello
|Alma mater||Syracuse University|
Harvard Business School
|Occupation||Chairman, The Carlyle Group|
|Net worth||US$2.9 billion (January 2018)|
Daniel Anthony D'Aniello (born September 14, 1946) is an American billionaire businessman. He is the cofounder and chairman of the Carlyle Group, a private equity firm headquartered in Washington, D.C..
D'Aniello grew up in Butler, Pennsylvania, and graduated from Butler Senior High School. He graduated from Syracuse University magna cum laude in 1968, where he was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, an honor society for business students and scholars. He received an M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School in 1974, where he was a Teagle Foundation Fellow.
He served as a financial officer at Pepsico and TWA. He later served as Vice President for Finance and Development at the Marriott Corporation. He was responsible for the valuation of major mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, debt and equity offerings, and project financings.
He serves on the Board of Trustees of the American Enterprise Institute. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of his alma mater, Syracuse University, and on the Corporate Advisory Council of its Martin J. Whitman School of Management and the IVMF advisory board.
In July 2017, D'Aniello was awarded the Arents Award which is Syracuse University's highest alumni honor.
I'm a good Italian boy," he said. "l love opera and anything that ends in a vowel.— Daniel D'Aniello
- "Daniel D'Aniello". Forbes.com. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Bloomberg - Are you a robot?". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "#165 Daniel D'Aniello - Forbes.com". Forbes.com. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "Daniel A. D'Aniello - The Carlyle Group". Carlyle.com. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "Daniel A. D'Aniello '68 BS - Syracuse University Whitman School of Management". Whitman.syr.edu. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "Board of Trustees". Aei.org. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "Home - Trustees". Trustees.syr.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Services, Web. "Daniel D'Aniello | Syracuse University". Dc.syr.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Daniel A. D'Aniello - IVMF". Ivmf.syracuse.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Four Accomplished Alumni to Receive Arents Awards During Orange Central". SU News. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-11-12. Retrieved 2014-11-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Daniel D'Aniello - Syracuse University". Dc.syr.edu. Retrieved 29 December 2018.