Daniel A. D'Aniello
|Daniel A. D’Aniello|
September 14, 1946 |
Butler, Pennsylvania, US
|Alma mater||Syracuse University
Harvard Business School
|Occupation||Chairman, The Carlyle Group|
|Net worth||US$3.0 billion (May 2015)|
|Children||Dana and Bethany|
Daniel Anthony D’Aniello (born September 14, 1946) is an American businessman. He is the cofounder and chairman of the Carlyle Group, a private equity firm headquartered in Washington, D.C..
D'Aniello grew up in Butler, Pennsylvania, and graduated from Butler Senior High School. He graduated from Syracuse University magna cum laude in 1968, where he was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, an honor society for business students and scholars. He received an M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School in 1974, where he was a Teagle Foundation Fellow.
He served as a financial officer at Pepsico and TWA. He later served as Vice President for Finance and Development at the Marriott Corporation. He was responsible for the valuation of major mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, debt and equity offerings, and project financings.
He serves on the Board of Trustees of the American Enterprise Institute. He also serves on the Board of Trustees of his alma mater, Syracuse University, and on the Corporate Advisory Council of its Martin J. Whitman School of Management and the IVMF advisory board.
“I’m a good Italian boy,” he said. “l love opera and anything that ends in a vowel.”— Daniel D'Aniello, The Washington Post
- "Daniel D'Aniello". Forbes. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: Daniel A. D'Aniello
- Forbes 2007
- Carlyle Group biography
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management biography
- American Enterprise Institute Board of Trustees
- "Home - Trustees". trustees.syr.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Services, Web. "Daniel D'Aniello | Syracuse University". dc.syr.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Daniel A. D'Aniello - IVMF". ivmf.syracuse.edu. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- Washington National Opera: La bohème