Daniel A. Epstein
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In 2009, with some fellow graduates of the University of Colorado Boulder, he co-founded the Unreasonable Institute, a nonprofit that is a business incubator for entrepreneurs in Boulder, Colorado. Associated with the incubator is an early-stage investment fund that invests in social entrepreneurs, including those who attended the Unreasonable Institute. Attendees raise $10,000 for tuition and will spend six weeks living in Boulder, Colorado.
In 2012 he left the non-profit Unreasonable Institute to launch "Unreasonable Group", a private holding company of for-profit organizations that was spun out of Unreasonable Institute, including:
- Unreasonable Adventures, founded in 2005, which sells booking software for tourism services.
- Unreasonable at Sea, a partnership between Unreasonable Institute, Stanford d.school (Institute of Design at Stanford), and Semester at Sea.
- Unreasonable Media, the production company that produces all multimedia collateral for Unreasonable ventures.
- Unreasonable.is, a web site for social entrepreneurs.
- Girl Effect Accelerator, business accelerator program aimed to benefit millions of girls in poverty to unleash The Girl Effect. 
- Rivard, Ry. "Stopping a Shortcut to In-State Tuition". Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved 12 Aug 2014.
- Seligson, Hannah. "Unreasonable, Maybe, but It's a Social Mission". New York Times Business Day. New York Times. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Interview with Daniel Epstein, Founder of The Unreasonable Group". GoBright.co. BrightCo. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- Fein, Donna. "Inside the Radical Incubator for Social Entrepreneurs". http://www.inc.com/30under30/donna-fenn/tyler-hartung-daniel-epstein-teju-ravilochan-founders-of-the-unreasonable-institute.html. Inc. External link in
- "Forbes Impact 30". Forbes. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- McMahan, Ty. "Turning Unreasonable Ideas into Reality". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Social Innovation Summit 2013 Speakers". Social Innovation Summit 2013. Landmark Ventures. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "LAUNCH: Social Impact Careers Conference". Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Syed, Saira. "Social tech entrepreneurs on around the world voyage". BBC News Business. BBC. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Writers". Unreasonable Group. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Stoiber, Marc. "How Fast Can an Unreasonable Idea Grow?". Huffington Post Small Business. Huffington Post. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Greenlight planet joins accelerator program aimed at benefiting poor girls". FastCompany.com. Fast Company. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Fein, Donna. "Inside the Radical Incubator for Social Entrepreneurs". Inc. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|