Daniel A. McGowan
Daniel A. McGowan is the executive director of Deir Yassin Remembered, an organization seeking to build a memorial in Deir Yassin, a former Palestinian-Arab village near Jerusalem, to commemorate a massacre there on April 9, 1948, in which 107 villagers were killed by forces from the Irgun and Lehi paramilitary groups.
Deir Yassin Remembered has been classified as an "active Holocaust denial hate group" by the Southern Poverty Law Center. The group was denounced by Jeremy Corbyn's campaign after Corbyn's attendance at some Deir Yassin Remembered programs was revealed.
McGowan is professor emeritus of economics at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. He is a columnist for Counterpunch, and the co-author, with Marc H. Ellis, of Remembering Deir Yassin: The Future of Israel and Palestine (1998). He also runs an organization called Righteous Jews, a play on the phrase righteous gentiles, for Jews willing to defend the rights of the Palestinians.
- Statement of purpose, Deir Yassin Remembered, accessed June 13, 2009.
- Southern Poverty Law Center. "Holocaust denial". Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Mason, Rowena (13 August 2015). "Jewish Chronicle accuses Corbyn of associating with Holocaust deniers". The Guardian. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "It's Official: Picketers are Pro-Nazi "Hate Group"". The Michigan Review. 13 April 2017. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- Faculty and Staff Authors, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|