|Birth name||Daniel John Bashta|
January 1, 1982 |
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Genres||Contemporary Christian, worship, pop-rock|
Daniel John Bashta (born January 1, 1982) is an American contemporary Christian singer and songwriter raised in Reserve, Louisiana. On September 6, 2011, Bashta released the album entitled The Sounds of Daniel Bashta, his first full-length studio album with Integrity Music record label. The album charted at No. 39 on the Billboard Magazine Christian Albums and Heatseekers, for the week of September 24, 2011. His song "Like A Lion" became a major Christian Radio hit as "God's Not Dead" for the Newsboys. Bashta's second album, The Invisible, was released as an iTunes LP with downloadable chord charts and special music videos, including "The Invisible Journey".
Bashta currently serves as the worship pastor at Riverstone Church.
Early years and The Sounds of Daniel Bashta (2008-2013)
Bashta grew up a missionary, traveling the world with his parents, Richard and Susan, who are now pastors at Living Stones Church in Crown Point, Indiana. They were both very musical — his mother played in the New Jersey Philharmonic and his father was often strumming the guitar and listening to music. Daniel grew up musically-inclined, playing violin at the age of three. He grew up traveling around the world with his parents, planting 25 different churches along the way. He learned how to play guitar, bass, and piano and began to write songs while in Russia between 12 and 16 years of age.
Bashta released his first album, The Sounds of Daniel Bashta, on September 6, 2011. It reached 39 the US Christian and Heartseekers charts.
The Invisible and The Roar (2013-present)
Returning to the studio for a second album, Bashta embarked on a journey to create something a bit different than his last work. The Invisible was released on February 5, 2013. In an interview, Daniel said "The whole record is based off of 1 Tim 1:17". He hoped that the album would instill hope, above all things.
In 2013, Bashta launched The Roar, "a missions training school aimed at the 'rapid deployment of mission pioneers.'"
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2011||The Sounds of Daniel Bashta
|2015||For Every Curse
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bashta is married and has three children. They live in Atlanta, Georgia.
- "iTunes - Music - The Invisible by Daniel Bashta". iTunes. Apple, Inc. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Trout, Dave. "Interview with Daniel Bashta". Under the Radar. ReFrame Media. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "About Daniel". Daniel Bashta. GoMotion. 14 February 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Bashta, Daniel (September 24, 2012). "Daniel Bashta Album & Song Chart history: Christian Albums". Billboard. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- Bashta, Daniel (September 24, 2012). "Daniel Bashta Album & Song Chart history: Heatseekers Albums". Billboard. Retrieved September 30, 2012.