A further collaboration with MacIvor, Who Killed Spalding Gray?, premiered in 2014 at the Magnetic North Theatre Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He directed Oedipus Rex at Stratford Festival in 2015. In 2016, Brooks staged a version of Henrik Ibsen's play A Doll House, adapted to a modern setting.
- "Two Daniels’ latest collaboration conjures the dead". Toronto Star, November 28, 2016. Karen Fricker.
- "Crow's Theatre artistic director Chris Abraham wins prestigious Siminovitch Prize". Toronto Star. Richard Ouzounian, Oct. 21, 2013
- " Stratford’s Oedipus Rex wrings the full emotional power from this ancient play". J. Kelly Nestruck, The Globe and Mail, Jul. 24, 2015
- "How Michael Ondaatje and Daniel Brooks made 'Divisadero' into a play". Kate Taylor, Toronto — The Globe and Mail, Feb. 04, 2011
- "Daniel Brooks’s Soulpepper production of A Doll’s House loses itself in attempts to stay contemporary". National Post, Robert Cushman | August 16, 2016
- "Modernized Doll's House gets feminist message across: review". Toronto Star, Carly Maga, July 28, 2016