Daniel Browning Smith
Daniel Browning Smith
|Born||May 8, 1979|
|Other names||The Rubberboy|
|Occupation||Actor, contortionist, television host, comedian, sports entertainer, stuntman,|
Daniel Browning Smith, also known as The Rubberboy (born May 8, 1979), is an American contortionist, actor, television host, comedian, sports entertainer, and stuntman, who holds the title of the most flexible person in history, owning a total of seven Guinness World Records. Smith owes his flexibility to the genetic condition hypermobile Ehlers–Danlos syndrome.
Smith was born and raised in Meridian, Mississippi, United States.  He has one sister and one brother. He was inspired by contortionists since the age of four, giving him the dream of becoming the world's best one. At this time, Daniel began to jump off the top bunk bed and land in a straddle split, much to the amazement of his family. Later, in his teen years, he began street performing with this technique to attract people's attention. When Smith turned 18, he joined the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus before beginning contortion training under Master Lu Yi at the San Francisco School of Circus Arts. 
The remarkable flexibility that Smith possesses is due to a genetic condition known as hypermobile Ehlers–Danlos syndrome or hEDS,  one of thirteen types of Ehlers–Danlos syndrome.  Those affected by this condition often have extremely mobile joints which are vulnerable to dislocation and skin which is easily bruised.  While many people with hEDS have severe muscle and bone pain alongside a range of autonomic nervous system and endocrine problems,  Smith experiences only moderate pain. 
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Sqweegel
- CSI: NY as Lukas Neiman
- Stan Lee's Superhumans as Host
- 2005 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as Rubber Boy
- 2008 You Don't Mess with the Zohan as Real Estate Agent
- 2012 Foodfight! as Cheasel T. Weasel
- Marc., Hartzman (2006). American Sideshow. Penguin Group US. ISBN 978-1322851617. OCLC 934803767.
- Smith, Contortionist Daniel Browning. "Contortionist Daniel Browning Smith - Guinness World Records' Most Flexible Man". Ttherubberboy.com. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "Stan Lee's Superhumans Documentary". IMDB. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- "What is EDS? – The Ehlers–Danlos Support UK". Ehlers-danlos.org. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "Rare Medical Condition Is the Secret to Contortionist's Ability". ABC News. 2015-03-16. Retrieved 19 September 2017.
- Tinkle, Brad; Castori, Marco; Berglund, Britta; Cohen, Helen; Grahame, Rodney; Kazkaz, Hanadi; Levy, Howard (March 2017). "Hypermobile Ehlers–Danlos syndrome (a.k.a. Ehlers–Danlos syndrome Type III and Ehlers–Danlos syndrome hypermobility type): Clinical description and natural history". American Journal of Medical Genetics. Part C, Seminars in Medical Genetics. 175 (1): 48–69. doi:10.1002/ajmg.c.31538. ISSN 1552-4876. PMID 28145611.
|This article about an American entertainer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|