Daniel Chavez Moran
Daniel Chavez Moran
|Born||November 16th, 1951|
|Occupation||Philanthropist, Real estate developer|
Founder of Grupo Vidanta
Founder of Delia Moran Vidanta Foundation
Founder of Grupo Vidanta Foundation
|Years active||1974 - present|
Daniel Chavez Moran (born 1951) is a Mexican real estate developer and the founder of Grupo Vidanta, a real estate consortium which operates over 30 hotels in Latin America. He is also the founder of the Delia Moran Vidanta Foundation and the Vidanta Foundation, two non-profit philanthropic organizations.
In 2014, CNN named Chavez Moran one of the top 100 most important businessmen in Mexico. He is also a member of the Citizen Security Advisory Council of the United Nations Development Program. He lives in Mexico.
Chavez Moran graduated from the University of Guadalajara, with a degree in civil engineering in 1971. In 1974, he founded the real estate company, Grupo Vidanta, a company which would go on to develop hotels, resorts, and golf courses.
Grupo Vidanta operates over 30 hotels and several golf courses. Chavez Moran and Grupo Vidanta were also responsible for the funding for the Mar de Cortés International Airport which opened in 2009 in La Jolla de Cortés, near Puerto Peñasco in the state of Sonora.
In April 2016, Chavez Moran announced that Grupo Vidanta will be investing nearly $150 million and partnering with Hakkasan Group. In February 2018, the two companies debuted four new concepts at the Vidanta Los Cabos resort as part of this collaboration: OMNIA Dayclub, Herringbone, SHOREbar and Casa Calavera. In addition, it will be opening a theme park in Nuevo Vallarta in collaboration with Cirque du Soleil in the coming years.
- In March 2016, he was named Tourism Entrepreneur of the Year by Mexico's Confederation of National Chambers of Commerce, Services, and Tourism (CONCANACO Servytur). 
- On November 17, 2015 Chavez Moran was given the "Leadership for the Americas Award" in recognition of his philanthropic investments.
- On March 11, 2016, Daniel Chavez Moran was recognized with the Lifetime Achievement in Entrepreneurship Award by the Mexican Government. 
- President's Leadership Council, Inter-American Dialogue
- “Invertiré 2 mil mdd en cinco años”. Milenio. 3 September 2013.
- El mexicano Grupo Vidanta fichará a cien leoneses para fomentar la cultura. Leonoticias. 03 November 2014.
-  - 100 Empresarios 2014 - CNNExpansion.com
-  - UNDP Citizen Security Report Executive Summary Page 11 - http://www.latinamerica.undp.org
- Los inversionistas más poderosos en turismo. Forbes México. 12 June 2013.
- Empresarios logaron evitar una mayor caída del sector turístico. Vallarta Opina. 15 June 2013.
- Mexicanos arman súper hotel en Argentina. CNNExpansion.com. 23 April 2010.
- Calderón da banderazo a nuevo aeropuerto. CNNExpansion.com. 5 November 2009.
- Forgoine, Mary. "Mexico: Cirque du Soleil dinner theater to land at Riviera Maya". LA Times. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Tamayo, Zacarías Ramírez (12 July 2016). "La fantasía de 1,300 mdd que Vidanta llevará a Nayarit". Forbes. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Entrevista con Daniel Chávez Morán, fundador de Grupo Vidanta". CNN Expansion. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Inter-American Dialogue to Honor Spain's Felipe González & Mexico's Daniel Chávez Morán". The Dialogue. Retrieved 12 July 2016.
- "Ceremonia de entrega del Premio Nacional del Emprendedor 2015". gob mx. 11 March 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Inter-American Dialogue | Daniel Chávez Morán". www.thedialogue.org. Retrieved 2017-04-13.