|Full name||Daniel Trevor Christian|
3 May 1983 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|ODI debut (cap 191)||5 February 2012 v India|
|Last ODI||February 2013 v England|
|ODI shirt no.||54|
|T20I debut (cap 44)||23 February 2010 v West Indies|
|Last T20I||1 April 2014 v Bangladesh|
|T20I shirt no.||54|
|Domestic team information|
|2005–2007||New South Wales Blues|
|2007–2013||South Australia Redbacks|
|2013||Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|2017–||Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Source: Cricinfo, 17 February 2016|
Daniel Trevor Christian (born 4 May 1983 in Camperdown, New South Wales) is an Australian cricketer who currently plays for Australia and Victoria. Christian is known as a powerful hitter, and also bowls medium pace, CricInfo's Peter English described him as a "natural all-rounder." His inclusion is seen as a landmark to Aboriginal inclusiveness in Australian cricket.
Born in 1983, Christian grew up in the town of Narrandera in the Riverina region of New South Wales and is of indigenous ancestry (Wiradjuri). He lived in Narrandera until he completed Primary School and then he moved to Sydney and attended St Gregory's College, Campbelltown.
In 2003 Christian attended the Australian Cricket Academy.
Christian played List A cricket for New South Wales in 2006 and 2007. After he was not offered a new contract for the 2007-08 season he moved to South Australia where he soon found himself playing first-class cricket for the state team .
In 2009 Christian captained an Indigenous Australian cricket team that toured England. Cricinfo noted that "With the bat Christian can be brutal, particularly when aiming at Adelaide's square boundaries, and he is one of those rare strikers whose eyes don't need a warm-up ball." He was brought into Australia's Twenty20 "following a series of brutal, clever and consistent performances."
Christian played for Hampshire in their victorious 2010 Twenty20 Cup campaign.
He was picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore for a sum of 100,000 USD, and joined them for their IPL-6 campaign.
In 2014, Christian signed for the English side Middlesex Panthers to play in the NatWest T20 Blast competition. Christian's knock against Kent Spitfires of 129 which included ten sixes gave hope to Middlesex Panthers. Christian's knock was the second highest innings in English T20 by a player on the losing team.
Career best performances
as of 29 December 2013
|ODI||39||Australia v India||Adelaide||2012||5/31||Australia v Sri Lanka||Melbourne||2012|
|T20I||4*||Australia v West Indies||Sydney||2010||3/27||Australia v West Indies||Gros Islet||2012|
|FC||131*||South Australia v New South Wales||Adelaide||2011||5/24||South Australia v Western Australia||Perth||2010|
|LA||117||Victoria Bushrangers v New South Wales Blues||North Sydney Oval||2013||6/48||South Australia Redbacks v Victoria Bushrangers||Geelong||2010|
|T20||129||Middlesex Panthers v Kent Spitfires||Canterbury||2014||5/14||Hobart Hurricanes v Adelaide Strikers||Hobart||2017|
- "Dan Christian". brisbaneheat.com.au. Brisbane Heat. Archived from the original on 9 April 2013. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- English, Peter (30 April 2010). "The man from Narrandera". CricInfo. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- "ACB and AIS announce 2003 Commonwealth Bank Cricket Academy scholars". Cricinfo. 2 May 2003. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Daniel Christian Cricinfo. Retrieved 7 December 2007
- "Aboriginal tour to mark 1868 groundbreakers". Cricinfo. 16 June 2009. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "Players sold in IPL Auction 2011". Ipl-schedule.com. 2011-01-08. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "County news : Gloucestershire sign Daniel Christian for T20 | Cricket News | County Cricket 2013". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Dan Christian signs to play Natwest T20 Blast cricket for Middlesex". Middlesex CCC. Retrieved 2014-04-24.
- Christian's brilliance fails to end Middlesex slump
- "List of players sold and unsold at IPL auction 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniel Christian.|
He will play for Rising Pune Super Giants in VIVO IPL 2017