Currie in May 2017
|Full name||Daniel Currie|
|Date of birth||15 February 1989|
|Original team(s)||Northern Knights /Eltham / Parade College|
No. 49 2006, Sydney Swans|
No. 56 2012, North Melbourne
|Height||201 cm (6 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
|2013–2015||North Melbourne||4 (3)|
|2016–2017||Gold Coast||6 (3)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2017.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Daniel Currie (born 15 February 1989) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the North Melbourne Football Club and Gold Coast Football Club in the Australian Football League. Currie was originally drafted to the Sydney Swans with the 49th selection in the 2006 AFL draft, but was delisted by the Swans at the end of 2011 without having made his AFL debut. Currie is currently employed as a Risk Consultant for professional services firm, KPMG.
Through the years of 2007, 2008 and 2009 Currie sustained numerous and injuries whilst plying his trade in the reserves. His 2010 season was much improved however as he managed to finally get his body right and play the vast majority of the year. He was unable to break into the seniors side due to the emergence of Mike Pyke and the outstanding form of Shane Mumford. He found it difficult to find a spot in the 2011 seniors side as well with Mark Seaby also competing for a position. He was delisted at the end of the season.
Currie moved to South Australia to play for North Adelaide in the South Australian National Football League in 2012. By the end of the season, he was suggested as a potential replacement for Kurt Tippett who left Adelaide, but he was recruited by North Melbourne with the 56th selection in the 2012 AFL Draft.
- Currie resolves to do better after Swans mark down '09 effort
- "Swans pay tribute to Bevan as list changes finalised". 19 Oct 2011.
- Bednall, Jai (29 January 2012). "Big-man Currie lands at Prospect". Sunday Mail.
- Rucci, Michelangelo (15 October 2012). "Adelaide Crows look at SANFL ruckman Daniel Currie to replace Kurt Tippett". The Advertiser.
- "Draft pick Currie to pressure Daw". ABC Grandstand Sport. 23 November 2012.
- Whiting, Michael (19 October 2015). "Smith another new Cat as Kangaroo Currie flies north". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "A further four SUNS delisted". GoldCoastFC.com.au. Bigpond. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniel Currie.|