Daniel De Silva
De Silva with the Australian U20s in 2013
|Full name||Daniel Peter De Silva|
|Date of birth||6 March 1997|
|Place of birth||Perth, Australia|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
(on loan from Central Coast Mariners)
|2014–2017||Perth Glory NPL||2||(0)|
|2015–2017||→ Roda JC (loan)||16||(0)|
|2017–||Central Coast Mariners||21||(3)|
|2018–||→ Sydney FC (loan)||13||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 February 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 January 2018
Daniel Peter De Silva (born 6 March 1997) is an Australian professional football player who plays as an attacking midfielder who plays for Sydney FC on loan from the Central Coast Mariners in the A-League.
De Silva has played for Australia numerous times at youth level, and has been called up for the Australian senior team, but is yet to make his debut.
On 22 February 2013, Daniel De Silva signed professional youth contract for Perth Glory. De Silva chose to sign for Perth after a deal with English Premier League side Everton fell through due to complications obtaining a visa. On 2 March 2013, De Silva made his professional debut for Perth Glory aged 15, in the 2–1 home victory against Sydney FC. De Silva came on as a 62nd-minute substitute for Matías Córdoba, making him the second youngest player in A-league history. On 29 October 2014, he scored his first senior goal in the FFA Cup Quarter Final against Melbourne Victory in the first period of extra time.
On 13 June 2014, Serie A side Roma announced that De Silva would join them at the conclusion of the 2014–15 A-League season for an undisclosed fee, rumoured to be A$2.5m. The transfer was cancelled in August 2015 after Perth Glory did not receive the first installment of the agreed transfer fee.
In January 2017, De Silva's loan was cut short six months early.
Central Coast Mariners
De Silva joined A-League side Central Coast Mariners in July 2017 on a three-year contract. Daniel De Silva made his first competitive debut for the Mariners in the FFA Cup against Blacktown City, coming on as a substitute in 86th minute.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniel De Silva.|
- "Danny DE SILVA signs for Perth Glory – Perth Glory FC 2013". Football Federation Australia. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Perth nabs young gun". The World Game. Special Broadcasting Service. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Glory too strong at home". Football Federation Australia. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Glory to play 15-year-old". Football Federation Australia. Archived from the original on 19 February 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "FFA Cup: Bentleigh Greens v Adelaide City and Perth Glory v Melbourne Victory". Fox Sports. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Daniel De Silva". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- Quartermaine, Braden (13 June 2014). "Perth Glory youngster Daniel De Silva finally seals move to Italian Serie A club Roma". PerthNow. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- Hope, Shayne (8 April 2014). "Glory could pocket $2.5m for De Silva Roma deal". The West Australian. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "De Silva's Roma deal done". perthglory.com.au. Football Federation Australia. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- Lewis, David (26 August 2015). "De Silva's Roma deal scuppered as Glory confirms Roda loan". The World Game. Special Broadcasting Service. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Daniel de Silva joins Roda JC Kerkrade". Perth Glory Football Club. 26 August 2015. Archived from the original on 26 August 2015. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Lewis, David (26 August 2015). "It's Roda not Roma as Sage cashes in on De Silva". The World Game. Special Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Lewis, Dave (9 January 2017). "Glory an option as De Silva ponders future after Roda exit". The World Game. Special Broadcasting Service. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Mariners unveil De Silva". FourFourTwo. 7 July 2017.