|No. 12 – Chicago Bulls|
|Born||October 1, 1998|
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||238 lb (108 kg)|
|High school||El Dorado (El Dorado, Arkansas)|
|NBA draft||2019 / Round: 2 / Pick: 38th overall|
|Selected by the Chicago Bulls|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Daniel Gafford (born October 1, 1998) is an American professional basketball player for the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
High school career
Gafford was a four star recruit in high school, and received offers in 2015 from several schools, including Kansas, Vanderbilt, and Florida. On August 1, 2015, Gafford committed to Arkansas. Gafford also played football growing up and was a wide receiver until ninth grade at El Dorado High School (pronounced El Doe-Ray-Doe). He also was in the marching band and credits that to the development of his skill set.
In his first start for the Razorbacks, Gafford finished a perfect 8 for 8 shooting, along with 7 rebounds and 6 blocks against Minnesota. Gafford posted 21 points, 10 rebounds and seven blocks against No. 14 Auburn. After a freshman season where he averaged 11.8 points 6.2 rebounds per game, Gafford announced that he would return to Arkansas for his sophomore year rather than declare for the 2018 NBA Draft. After his freshman season, Gafford was named to the SEC All-Freshman team. On March 18, 2019, after Gafford's sophomore season, it was announced that Gafford would skip the 2019 National Invitation Tournament to prepare for the 2019 NBA draft. Gafford improved his statistics during his second year at Arkansas, averaging 16.9 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 1.9 blocks per game. He was named to the 2019 SEC All-Defensive Team, as well as a 1st Team All-SEC pick. Gafford was known for his thunderous dunks, especially alley-oops, and his shot blocking ability. He was a crowd favorite during Razorback home games at Bud Walton Arena.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Harper, Doc (August 1, 2015). "Arkansas Basketball Recruiting: Daniel Gafford Commits to the Razorbacks". Arkansas Fight. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- "High-flying Daniel Gafford a force for surging Arkansas". USA Today. December 22, 2017. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Hutchinson, Andrew (December 9, 2017). "Gafford shines in first start". 247Sports. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- Stone, Chris (March 2, 2018). "NBA Draft watch: Arkansas' Daniel Gafford has potential to thrive as traditional big man". Sporting News. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "Daniel Gafford to return to Arkansas rather than head to NBA". espn. March 26, 2018. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- Hutchinson, Andrew (March 6, 2018). "3 Hogs honored by SEC coaches". 247 Sports. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- Boone, Kyle (March 18, 2019). "Arkansas star Daniel Gafford, projected first-round pick, skipping NIT to prepare for NBA Draft". CBS Sports. Retrieved March 18, 2019.