||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Daniel Gildenlöw live in Cairo with Pain of Salvation.
|Birth name||Daniel Gildenlöw|
|Born||5 June 1973|
|Genres||Rock, alternative metal, progressive metal, progressive rock, art rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, organ, piano, mandolin, Irish Bouzouki, lute, balalaika, banjo, sampler, percussion, mandola, programming|
|Labels||Inside Out, Avalon, Century Media|
|Associated acts||Pain of Salvation, The Flower Kings, Crypt of Kerberos, The Q-krunkers from Hell, Daniele Liverani, Axamenta, Spastic Ink, Transatlantic, Ayreon, Hammer of the Gods, Soviac|
Daniel Gildenlöw (born in Eskilstuna, 5 June 1973) is a Swedish musician and songwriter. He is best known as a multi-instrumentalist and vocalist for the progressive rock band Pain of Salvation. In the band, he is the main songwriter, lead singer, lead guitar player, and the mastermind behind each album's concept. He was also an official member of the band The Flower Kings but was forced to leave before their 2005 US tour because he was opposed to USA's US-VISIT which requires submitting one's own biometric data first before entering the country.
- 1 Timeline
- 2 Discography
- 3 References
- 1984 – Gildenlöw formed the band Reality at age 11.
- 1991 – The name Reality was changed to Pain of Salvation.
- 1997 – Pain of Salvation released their first album, Entropia.
- 2001 – Gildenlöw formed part of the touring incarnation of Transatlantic, during their European tour.
- 2002 – Gildenlöw appeared as a guest member of The Flower Kings, providing vocals, guitar, keyboards and percussion, both on tour and on recordings.
- 2002 – Pain of Salvation headlined the second night of ProgPower II USA.
- 2004 – Pain of Salvation played ProgPower V USA, performing right before headliners Edguy.
- 2004 – Gildenlöw is now regarded as an official member of The Flower Kings.
- 2005 – Gildenlöw left The Flower Kings for political reasons.
- 2006 – Gildenlöw and his wife Johanna had a son, Sandrian Silver Isidor Khan.
- 2006 – Gildenlöw lent his voice on the track "Threnody for an Endling" on Axamenta's album Ever-arch-i-tech-ture.
- 2006 – Mayones endorsed Gildenlöw's signature guitar, "Elements"
- 2007 – Gildenlöw lent his voice on the track "Repentance" on Dream Theater's album, Systematic Chaos.
- 2008 – Gildenlöw participated on the Ayreon album 01011001.
- 2009 – Gildenlöw and his wife Johanna had a second son, Jonathan Lennon Tintiro Nimh.
- 2010 – Gildenlöw performed with Transatlantic during their Whirld Tour.
- 2011 – Gildenlöw and his wife Johanna had their third child, Morris
- 2014 - Gildenlöw contracted a life-threatening flesh eating bacteria. Hospitalized in Uppsala, Sweden, he was forced to sit out of Transatlantic's KaLIVEoscope tour.
- 2017 - Pain of Salvation released their new album, In the Passing Light of Day, based upon Gildenlöw's depression while hospitalized.
Pain of Salvation
- Hereafter (1996) (demo)
- Entropia (1997)
- One Hour by the Concrete Lake (1998)
- Ashes (2000) (single)
- The Perfect Element, part I (2000)
- Remedy Lane (2002)
- 12:5 (2004)
- "BE" (2004)
- "BE" Original Stage Production (2005) (live DVD)
- "BE" Original Stage Production (2005) (live CD)
- Scarsick (2007)
- On the Two Deaths of Pain of Salvation (2009) (live CD)
- Ending Themes (2009) (live DVD)
- Linoleum EP (2009)
- Road Salt One (2010)
- Road Salt Two (2011)
- Falling Home (2014)
- In the Passing Light of Day (2017)
- GMC Out in the Fields (2002) (guitar on Don Chinos)
The Flower Kings
- Unfold the Future (2002) (lead and backing vocals)
- Meet the Flower Kings (2003) (live) (guitars, keyboards, vocals, percussion)
- Adam & Eve (2004) (guitars, keyboards, vocals, percussion)
- The Road Back Home (2007) (compilation) (vocals)
Crypt of Kerberos
- The Macrodex of War (2005) (compilation)
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 1-A Human into A Dream World (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 2-In Search of the Little Prince (2004) (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Genius : A Rock Opera-Episode 3-The final surprise (2007) (vocals) as Twinspirit n.32
- Ever-Arch-I-Tech-Ture (2006) (vocals, vocal melodies/arrangements on the 8th track, Threnody for an Endling)
- Ink Compatible Song Entitled "Melissa's Friend"(2004) (vocals)
- Live in Europe (2003) (electric guitar, keyboard, percussion, vocals)
- Whirld Tour 2010: Live in London (2010) (keyboards, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, percussion, samples, vocals)
- Kaleidoscope (2014) (guest vocals on "Into the Blue")
- ProgAID - All around the World (2005) (vocals)
Hammer of the Gods
- Two Nights in North America (2006) (vocals)
- 01011001 (2008) (vocals)
For All We Know
- For All We Know (2011) (vocals on Keep Breathing)