|Full name||Daniel Joseph Hone|
|Date of birth||15 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Croydon, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2010–2011||→ Darlington (loan)||21||(1)|
|2011–2012||→ Barrow (loan)||26||(0)|
|2013–2016||North Ferriby United||75||(8)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 June 2017 (UTC).
Daniel Joseph "Danny" Hone (born 15 September 1989 in Croydon) is an English footballer who last played as a defender for Conference North side Halifax Town. He has previously played for Lincoln City, Darlington, Barrow, Gainsborough Trinity and North Ferriby United.
Hone is a product of the Lincoln City centre of excellence and made his debut in the FA Cup first round match against Nottingham Forest which ended as a 1–1 draw filling in for the injured Lee Beevers and the ineligible Hamza Bencherif. He signed a two-and-a-half year professional contract for Lincoln in December 2007. He scored his first Lincoln City goal in a 2–1 home victory over Rochdale in February 2008.
In May 2011 he was one of just three squad players to be offered a new contract after a mass clear out of players following relegation from the Football League, and he duly signed up for a further year on 30 June 2011. Although he played ten games early in the season for Lincoln, he lost his place in the team and was loaned to Barrow in November 2011.
In May 2012, manager David Holdsworth confirmed that Hone would not be offered a new contract. In July 2012 he joined Gainsborough Trinity on trial, and a week later signed a one-year contract. In May 2013 he signed for North Ferriby United.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- Shaymen confirm duo are to leave the club‚ halifaxcourier.co.uk, 24 May 2017
- "Steve Tilson clears out Lincoln City squad". BBC Sport. 11 May 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- "Hone pens new one-year deal". Lincoln City F.C. 30 June 2011. Archived from the original on 3 July 2011. Retrieved 30 June 2011.
- "Like Father, Like Son!". Lincoln City F.C. 5 November 2007. Archived from the original on 24 July 2011.