||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||1976 (age 40–41)
Daniel Humm (born 1976 in Strengelbach) is a Swiss chef and restaurant owner; he is chef/co-owner of Eleven Madison Park and The NoMad in New York City, the former a recipient of three Michelin stars. His cuisine is focused on the locally sourced ingredients of New York, with an emphasis on simplicity, purity, and seasonal flavors. A native of Switzerland, he was exposed to a range of food at a very young age, and began working in kitchens at the age of 14. From there he spent time in some of the finest Swiss hotels and restaurants before earning his first Michelin star at the age of 24. In 2003, Daniel moved to the United States to become the executive chef at Campton Place in San Francisco where he received four stars from the San Francisco Chronicle. Three years later, he moved to New York to become the executive chef at Eleven Madison Park. In 2017, Eleven Madison Park became number 1 on the San Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants.
Over the course of Daniel’s tenure, he and Eleven Madison Park have received numerous accolades, including four stars from The New York Times, six James Beard Foundation Awards (including Outstanding Chef and Outstanding Restaurant in America), three stars from the Michelin Guide, and a top spot on the San Pellegrino list of The World's 50 Best Restaurants. In 2011, Daniel and partner Will Guidara purchased Eleven Madison Park from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group, and the following year also opened the critically acclaimed NoMad. Since its opening, The NoMad has garnered three stars from The New York Times, one Michelin Star, and a James Beard Foundation Award. Along with Will Guidara he is the co-owner of the Make It Nice group.
- Chef' Choice Award S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants in 2015 
- Ranked #5 on S.Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurants in 2015
- The New York Times – Four Stars, 2015 and 2009 
- Michelin Guide – Three Stars, 2015
- James Beard Foundation Award – “Outstanding Chef” 2012
- Michelin Guide – Three Stars, 2012
- James Beard Foundation Award – “Best Chef: NYC,” 2010
- Forbes Travel Guide – Five Stars, 2010
- Food & Wine – “Best New Chefs,” 2005
- 2011: Eleven Madison Park: The Cookbook (Publisher: Little Brown)
- 2013: I Love New York: Ingredients and Recipes (Publisher:Ten Speed)
- 2015: The NoMad Cookbook (Publisher: Ten Speed)
- "Michelin Star Recipients - 2013". OpenTable. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- "A Star Shines at Campton Place / Chef Daniel Humm takes restaurant to new level". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved January 7, 2015.
- "New York City 2013 | Michelin Travel & Lifestyle". Michelintravel.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "New York City 2012 | Michelin Travel & Lifestyle". Michelintravel.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Forbes Travel Guide. Forbes Travel Guide. Retrieved January 30, 2013.
- Daniel Humm (2014-01-28). "Best New Chefs | Food & Wine". Foodandwine.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.