Daniel Richard Huttlestone
17 September 1999
Daniel Richard Huttlestone is an English actor best known for his role as Gavroche in Tom Hooper's Les Misérables and Jack in the musical film Into the Woods, which both earned him a 2013 and 2015 Young Artist Award nomination as Best Young Supporting Actor in a Feature Film.
Daniel started his stage career from the age of 9 landing the role of "Nipper" in the 2009 production of Oliver! at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, performing on the opening night with Rowan Atkinson, and continuing until it closed in 2011. He went on to perform the role of Gavroche, in Les Misérables, at the Queen's Theatre, working with Alfie Boe, Matt Lucas where he stayed with the show for 1 year. He reprised his role from the stage musical as Gavroche for the film adaptation of Les Misérables and also played the role of Jack in the 2014 film version of Into the Woods. He filmed London Town in the summer of 2015, where he worked with Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The release date is currently unknown. It has been announced that Daniel is playing Brian Fawcett in the new film The Lost City of Z. The film will be premiered at the New York Film Festival on 15 October 2016.
Huttlestone was born in Havering, Greater London, England, the second of three children of Linda, a homemaker, and Mark Huttlestone, a company managing director. He has an elder brother, Thomas Andrew (born 1997), who is also an actor and has appeared as Friedrich Von Trapp in The Sound of Music UK Tour 2011. His younger sister, Sarah Rosina (born 2005), is an actress who is set to appear in Regent's Open Air Theatre production of The Sound of Music, with his former Les Misérables co-star Isabelle Allen. Daniel currently lives in Romford, Greater London and enjoys football.
- "Les Misérables Film Announces Additional Casting". Theatre Mania. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "ICM Signs LES MIS' Daniel Huttlestone". Broadway World. 11 February 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- Kit, Borys (11 February 2013). "ICM Signs Boy Who Plays Gavroche in Les Misérables (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- Daniel Huttlestone Is Jack In INTO THE WOODS Movie
- "CK Casting: Daniel and Sarah Huttlestone". CK Casting. Archived from the original on 25 December 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Ballinger, Lucy; Gysin, Christian. "The boy of nine who gave Oliver! a twist". London: The Mail Online. Retrieved 29 May 2013.