Daniel Joseph Martinez
Daniel Joseph Martinez (born 1957), is a Los Angeles based contemporary artist.
Martinez' work can be found in public collections in the United States and abroad including the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York; Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA); the Orange County Museum of Art, Newport Beach, California; Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation, Miami, Florida; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas; and the Pace Foundation, San Antonio, Texas.
Daniel Joseph Martinez has received two National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Individual Artist Fellowships (1990–91, 1995–96) and an NEA Project Support Grant (1990); a Getty Center Foundation Individual Artist Fellowship (1997–98); a Pollock-Krasner Foundation Individual Artist Fellowship (2001–02); a California Arts Council Individual Artist Fellowship (2003–04); an ArtPace Foundation Fellowship (2005); a Peter Norton Family Foundation Project Support Grant (1991) and five Norton Foundation Artist Fellowships (1997–2001); the First Prize Grant Award of the Tijuana Biennial (2000); and a Flintridge Foundation Individual Artist Fellowship (2000–01). In 2007 Martinez was awarded the United States Artists Fellowship, and in 2008–09, he received the Rasmuson Foundation Alaska Artist in Residence Award in 2009, the Fellows of Contemporary Art Fellowship in 2009; and the 2010 FOCA Fellowship Artist Grant and exhibition. In 2014 Martinez was awarded the Alpert Award in the Arts from the Herb Alpert Foundation in collaboration with the California Institute of the Arts. In 2016, Martinez will participate in the American Academy in Berlin Fellowship, Berlin, Germany.
- "In Conversation: Daniel Joseph Martinez with Phong Bui". The Brooklyn Rail. March 2008.
- "Karen Finley, Glenn Kaino, Daniel Joseph Martinez, Martin Kersels at OCMA's 'Disorderly Conduct'". OC Weekly. 14 February 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "Archive Exhibit: Daniel J. Martinez, "Through the wormhole..."". Pasadena City College. Archived from the original on 28 July 2013. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- "Alaska AIR". International Gallery of Contemporary Art. Archived from the original on 23 April 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- Daniel Joseph Martinez at Roberts & Tilton
- Daniel Joseph Martinez: A life of disobedience, monography by Michael Brenson, Hakim Bey, David Levi Strauss, Gilbert Vicario, Lauri Firstenberg, Arthur C. Danto, Linda Norden, Rachel Leah Baum, Hatje Cantz Publications
- Daniel Joseph Martinez at Kadist Art Foundation
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|