|Alma mater||Masaryk University|
|Known for||co-owner and president of AC Sparta Prague and chairman of EPH|
|Net worth||US$2.90 billion (March 2019)|
Daniel Křetínský (born 9 July 1975) is a Czech entrepreneur and lawyer who is the chief executive officer (CEO) and majority owner of Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH) and co-owner and president of football club AC Sparta Prague.
He graduated from the Faculty of Law of Masaryk University and started to work as legal trainee in law firm. In 1999, he joined J&T as lawyer and became a partner in 2003. Since 2004 he is chairman of football club AC Sparta Prague and he is believed to be its 40% shareholder.
When in 2009 J&T founded Energetický a průmyslový holding, he became its chairman and 20% shareholder. He also ceased to be partner of J&T. In 2011, he became chairman and 60% shareholder of EP Industries, that was divested from EPH. From 2014 he is one of the owners of Czech media house Czech News Center, among others publisher of tabloid Blesk, that is the most read newspaper in the Czech Republic.
In October 2018, staff at Le Monde learned that Křetínský had purchased 49% of Matthieu Pigasse's stake in the company. Le Monde's Independency Group, a minority shareholder that aims to protect the paper's editorial independence, had not been informed of the sale, and asked Pigasse and Křetínský to sign an "approval agreement" that would give the Independency Group the right to approve or reject any controlling shareholder. As of September 2019[update], they had not done so.
- "Daniel Kretinsky". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- "Energetický a průmyslový holding, a.s. - Akcionářská struktura". Archived from the original on 2015-01-07. Retrieved 2015-02-15.
- Masaryk University Information System: prof. RNDr. Mojmír Křetínský, CSc.
- Motejlek.com: Zázračný mladý muž čekající na skutečně velký obchod
- iDnes.cz: Šéf klubu Křetínský kupuje 40 procent akcií fotbalové Sparty
- iHNEd.cz: Energetický a průmyslový holding se chystá za dva roky na burzu
- EPH: The EP Industries Group finalises its shareholding structure
- Marketing & Media: Křetínský a Tkáč převzali Ringier, přejmenují ho na Czech News Center
- Willsher, Kim (10 September 2019). "Le Monde journalists warn of threat to editorial independence". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 September 2019.
- "« We, "Le Monde" journalists... »". Le Monde. 10 September 2019. Retrieved 13 September 2019.