Kosakowski in Wimbledon qualifying, 2014
|Country (sports)||United States|
|Born||February 21, 1992|
Huntington Park, California
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Plays||Right-handed (one-handed backhand)|
|Highest ranking||No. 230 (April 1, 2013)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||Q3 (2014)|
|Highest ranking||No. 486 (30 July 2012)|
|Last updated on: December 19, 2019.|
Daniel Kosakowski (born February 21, 1992) is a professional American tennis player.
Kosakowski spent the first two years of his professional tennis career playing in tournaments based in California, reaching the final of the USA F25 event in September 2010, eventually losing to Chris Guccione in straight sets. The following year, in June 2011, he won the USA F13 tournament, beating Steve Johnson, 6–4, 2–6, 6–3 in the final.
He played in the 2011 Farmers Classic as a qualifier and defeated Tim Smyczek, 2–6, 6–1, 6–3 in the first round. In the second round, he lost to the eventual tournament's singles champion Ernests Gulbis, 2–6, 4–6.
In June 2012, Kosakowski travelled to Italy to play in his first professional tournament outside the United States, competing as a qualifier in the Città di Caltanissetta. After beating Omar Giacalone in three sets in his first qualifier, Kosakowski knocked out both Philipp Oswald and Laurent Rochette to qualify for the first round of the tournament. He then beat Brazilian Thiago Alves in straight sets, before shocking third seed Frederico Gil, 6–3, 6–4, to progress to the quarterfinals of the event where he lost to fellow qualifier Alejandro Gonzalez.
- "Kosakowski Named Pac-10 Freshman of the Year". UCLA Bruins. May 21, 2011. Archived from the original on September 2, 2012.
- "Daniel Kosakowski – ATP Profile". ATP. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- Results Archived March 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, Farmers Classic, July 31, 2011.
- Ryan Menezes, Former UCLA tennis player Daniel Kosakowski's success at Farmers Classic a “breakthrough” in his professional career[permanent dead link], Daily Bruin, August 1, 2011
- "Daniel Kosakowski – ITF Profile". ITF. Retrieved June 10, 2012.