The Very Rev Professor Daniel Lamont DD, MA (1870-1950) was an eminent Church of Scotland Minister and academic. He was a Professor of Theology at New College, Edinburgh from 1927 to 1945; and Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland from 1936 to 1937.
He was Minister at the New Laigh Kirk in Kilmarnock from 1900 to 1904, and also served in Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Helensburgh. He died on 4 May 1950. He is buried in Morningside Cemetery, Edinburgh towards the south-east.
- Studies in the Johannine Writings
- Fifty Two Sermons by the Rev William Howels
- The Times, Saturday, Oct 19, 1935; pg. 15; Issue 47199; col F News in Brief Church of Scotland Moderator Nomination
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- The Times, Saturday, May 06, 1950; pg. 6; Issue 51684; col D Obituary Very Rev. Professor Daniel Lamont
|This Scottish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|