Daniel Larsson (ice hockey)
February 7, 1986 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
Grand Rapids Griffins
|NHL Draft||92nd overall, 2006
Detroit Red Wings
He was playing as a goaltender for the Djurgårdens IF in the Elitserien, starting in 2006. On May 15, 2008 the Wings signed Larsson to a two-year entry-level contract. He was playing on the Grand Rapids Griffins being backup to Jimmy Howard. In his first season, he tied the Griffins franchise record for consecutive shutouts at two.
On May 19, 2010, Larsson signed with HV71 in the Swedish elite league Elitserien. On March 26, 2012, HV71 announced that it had parted ways with Larsson. Larsson then played with AIK between 2012 and 2014. In the 2016–17 season, Larsson signed a shortened deal with ERC Ingolstadt of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga, however failed to appear in a game with the club before his release at seasons end on March 11, 2017..
- "Daniel Larsson - player profile and career stats". European Hockey.Net. Retrieved January 4, 2008.
- Malik, George (2010-05-19). "Detroit signs Swedish goaltending prospect to two-year deal". MLive.com. Michigan Live LLC. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "Daniel Larsson at Red Wings Central". Red Wings Central. Archived from the original on December 15, 2007. Retrieved January 4, 2008.
- "More personal decisions in Ingolstadt" (in German). ERC Ingolstadt. 2017-03-11. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Larsson named Elitserien Rookie of the year". European Hockey.Net. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- Daniel Larsson career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Daniel Larsson career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey goaltender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|