|Full name||Daniel William Lawrence|
|Born||12 July 1997|
Leytonstone, London, England
|Bowling||Right-arm off break|
|Domestic team information|
|2015–present||Essex (squad no. 28)|
|2019||Marylebone Cricket Club|
|First-class debut||19 April 2015 Essex v Kent|
|List A debut||5 June 2016 Essex v Hampshire|
Source: Cricinfo, 19 May 2019
Lawrence made his first-class debut for Essex against Kent in April 2015. At the age of 17 years and 290 days, and in only his second first-class appearance, Lawrence made a century against Surrey becoming the third youngest batsmen to score a century in the County Championship. Lawrence's batting was instrumental in helping Essex win promotion to the County Championship First Division, and in their first season back in the upper division, to win the Championship in 2017. In 2017 was named the Cricket Writers' Club Young Cricketer of the Year, and made his debut for England Lions. Summer 2018 proved something of a disappointment and so he was unable to further press for a place in the England test team.
In December 2015 he was named in England's squad for the 2016 Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In the first match of the tournament, Lawrence scored a match-winning 174 runs off 150 balls against Fiji, the highest score by an English batsman in a youth ODI.
- "County Championship Division Two, Essex v Kent at Chelmsford, 19–21 April 2015". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 29 April 2015.
- "Dan Lawrence Twitter Interview". Essex Cricket. Retrieved 27 April 2019.
- "Chris Silverwood Interview". Basildon Canvey Southend Echo. Retrieved 27 April 2019.
- "Aneurin Donald recalled for U-19 World Cup". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Lawrence, Burnham tons lift England to huge win". ESPNcricinfo. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "Lawrence credits county experience for record-breaking 174". EPSNcricinfo. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 27 January 2016.