Daniel Levy (TV personality)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|Born||Daniel Joseph Levy
August 24, 1983
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Daniel Joseph Levy (born August 24, 1983) is a Canadian television personality.
Early life and career
Levy was born in Toronto, Ontario, the son of Deborah Divine and Canadian actor Eugene Levy and the older brother of Sarah Levy. He is the former co-host of MTV Canada's program The After Show and its various incarnations including The Hills: The After Show and The City: Live After Show with co-host Jessi Cruickshank. As an actor, he has appeared in a four-episode story arc of the Canadian TV series Degrassi: The Next Generation, which premiered as a TV movie called Degrassi Goes Hollywood. Levy played a film producer who hires Paige Michalchuk as the lead in a new film directed by actor Jason Mewes. He also appeared in the film Admission starring Tina Fey and Paul Rudd.
Previously, he was one of the original seven co-hosts of MTV Canada's flagship series MTV Live, which is now no longer on air.
In 2008, Dan appeared on Canada's Next Top Model as a guest judge.
In 2015, he appears as David Rose in the television sitcom Schitt's Creek, alongside his father, Catherine O'Hara and Chris Elliott. It's the first television series produced by Not a Real Company Productions, the production company of Levy and his father.
- "SCTV stars Levy and O'Hara reunite for a forthcoming CBC sitcom called Schitt's Creek". canada.com, February 10, 2014.
- "SCTV alums Levy and O'Hara to star in CBC comedy". Playback, February 11, 2014.
- Tim Lai (2007-08-11). "They're heading for The Hills". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "'The Hills: After Show,' heads to Hollywood" (Press release). CTV News. 2007-12-10. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- Rebecca Eckler (2007-10-22). "Meet Dan Levy". Toronto: Macleans. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- "Canadian fans dear to Dan Levy's heart as he takes 'The After Show' to Hollywood". Toronto: The Canadian Press. 2007-12-09. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
- Lee-Anne Goodman (2007-12-09). "Canadian fans dear to Dan Levy takes 'The After Show' to Hollywood". Toronto: The Canadian Press. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
- "MTV Announces Hosts for Flagship Program, MTV Live" (Press release). Emily Young Lee. March 14, 2006. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
- Sam Toman (2007-03-09). "Why this Rosedale resident and MTV star may be even funnier than his famous father.". Toronto: Post City Magazine. Archived from the original on 2008-02-06. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
|This Canadian biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|