Daniel Lind Lagerlöf
|Daniel Lind Lagerlöf|
|Born||Daniel Magnus Gösta Lind
6 February 1969
|Disappeared||6 October 2011 (aged 42)
near Tanumshede, Sweden
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, producer|
Lagerlöf began his work in television as an assistant, and directed his first film, Föreställningen (The Performance) in 1990. In 1997 he began working on Skärgårdsdoktorn, a highly successful drama series in Sweden and Norway. After it ended in 2000, Lagerlöf worked on several Beck-films, before returning to television. His last completed project was the three-part mini-series Bibliotekstjuven (the Library Thief), written by his wife Malin Lagerlöf.
Lagerlöf met his wife, Malin Lagerlöf, in the early 1990s, and they married soon after. They had three children together. A screenwriter, Malin Lagerlöf often wrote projects for her husband to direct, including his final series, Bibliotekstjuven.
On 6 October 2011, Lagerlöf disappeared during preparations for the filming of Camilla Läckberg's Fjällbackamorden - Strandriddaren. While scouting a planned filming location in the Tjurpannan nature reserve, it is believed Lagerlöf was caught on slippery rocks by large waves sweeping the area and pulled out to sea near the steep cliffs outside Tanumshede in Bohuslän. There were no witnesses to what actually happened. Despite a two-day search, no signs or remains were found, and Lagerlöf was presumed deceased. On August 23, 2013, almost two years after his disappearance, remains were found near the area where the accident occurred, and sent for analysis to determine their identity. However, the analysis revealed that the remains were not human in origin.
- 1999 – Breaking out (Vägen ut)
- 2001 – Making Babies (Hans och hennes)
- 2002 – Beck – Annonsmannen
- 2002 – Beck – Pojken i glaskulan
- 2003 – Miffo
- 2005 - Buss till Italien
- 2005 - Medicinmannen
- 2006 - Svalan, katten, rosen, döden
- 2007 - The Pyramid
- 2009 - The Man Under the Stairs (TV-series)
- 2009 - Johan Falk: Operation Nightingale
- "Försvann vid havet: Regissören Daniel Lind Lagerlöf försvunnen" [Vanished at Sea: Director Daniel Lind Lagerlöf missing]. Aftonbladet (in Swedish). 9 October 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- Roxborough, Scott (10 October 2011). "Swedish Director David Lind Lagerlof Still Missing, Presumed Dead". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Rehlin, Gunnar (9 October 2011). "Swedish director Lagerlof presumed dead after location scouting accident". Screen Daily. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Midbøe, Oda Marie (23 August 2013). "Savnet stjerneregissør kan ha blitt funnet" [Missing film director may have been found]. Verdens Gang (in Swedish). Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- Borg, Andreas (9 September 2013). "Polisen: Skelettet är inte en människa" [Police: Bones are not human]. Bohuslaningen (in Swedish). Retrieved 28 June 2014.