Daniel Mesguich, 2011
July 15, 1952 |
Algiers, French Algeria
In 1970, he was admitted into the Conservatoire National Supérieur d'Art Dramatique, after which he opened the Théâtre du Miroir ("Mirror Theater"), with whom he opened a course in drama. After ten years, he returned to the school to teach at the request of Jean-Pierre Miquel, becoming the youngest professor on campus. He is currently the director of the school.
He has acted in over a hundred plays, fifty operas in France and abroad, and some 40 movies and television pieces.
The actor William Mesguich is his son.
- 1978: Molière by Ariane Mnouchkine
- 1978: Le Dossier 51 by Michel Deville
- 1979: Love on the Run by François Truffaut
- 1981: Quartet by James Ivory
- 1983: La Belle captive by Alain Robbe-Grillet
- 1990: L'Autrichienne by Pierre Granier-Deferre (as Fouquier-Tinville)
- 1994: Jefferson in Paris by James Ivory
- 1996: Limited Edition by Bernard Rapp
- 2001: The Musketeer by Peter Hyams (as King Louis XIII)
- 2003: Le Divorce by James Ivory
- "Daniel Mesguich, Acteur et directeur de théâtre français" (in French). Evene.fr. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- Hernandez, Brigitte (2010). "Enseigner l'art dramatique...". Le Point (in French) (April 2).
|This article about a French film actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|