Daniel Newman (American actor)
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: The article needs copy-editing and wikilinking, as well as checking for copyright violation. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Daniel Christopher Newman
Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, model, musician|
Daniel Christopher Newman is an American actor, model, and musician, with work appearing on the Twilight film soundtrack, and several TV series' soundtracks, and with acting roles on The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Homeland, Sex and the City, and Cirque du Freak.
Early life and career
Newman grew up in a small farm town in Georgia, then moved to Brooklyn to pursue music. He studied at Yale University through a special honors program, before moving back to New York City to continue a music career. He struggled as a musician for a short time, before meeting photographer Bruce Weber. He began modeling, appearing worldwide on magazine covers and various other advertising. He modeled for Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, and Tommy Hilfiger.
He was cast for guest spots on American television shows such as 7th Heaven (1997), One Tree Hill (2006), Heroes (2009), and The Vampire Diaries (2012). He appeared briefly as one of Bane's thugs in the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises. In 2017 he joined the cast of The Walking Dead as a recurring character named Daniel.
- - zap2it article Archived September 19, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Blockbuster reel". Blip TV. Archived from the original on 2010-11-19.
- Daniel Newman at the Internet Movie Database
- Jenny McGrath (November 23, 2011). "The Vampire Diaries brings Paul Newman's grandson to Mystic Falls". WetPaint. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- The Walking Dead's Daniel Newman Hopes to Inspire LGBT Youth by Opening Up About His Sexuality. People. March 31, 2017
- "Daniel Newmaη on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-04-08.