Daniel Newman (American actor)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: The article needs copy-editing and wikilinking, as well as checking for copyright violation. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Daniel Christopher Newman
June 14th, 1981 (age 37)
|Occupation||Actor, model, musician|
Daniel Christopher Newman is an American actor, model, and musician, with work appearing on the Twilight film soundtrack, and several TV series' soundtracks, and with acting roles on The Walking Dead, The Vampire Diaries, Homeland, Sex and the City, and Cirque du Freak.
Early life and career
Newman grew up in a small farm town in Georgia, then moved to Brooklyn to pursue music. He studied at Yale University through a special honours program, before moving back to New York City to continue a music career. He struggled as a musician for a short time, before meeting photographer Bruce Weber. He began modelling, appearing worldwide on magazine covers and various other advertising. He modelled for Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, and Tommy Hilfiger. He also appeared on the cover of the fashion photographer Thomas Knights organised 'Red Hot Exposed 2016' calendar, and redheaded art campaign.
He was cast for guest spots on American television shows such as 7th Heaven (1997), One Tree Hill (2006), Heroes (2009), and The Vampire Diaries (2012). He appeared briefly as one of Bane's thugs in the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises. In 2017 he joined the cast of The Walking Dead as a recurring character named Daniel.
|2009||Children Of The Corn||Malachai|
|2012||The Dark Knight Rises||Bane's Thug|
|2016–2017||The Walking Dead||Daniel||Recurring: (Seasons 6-8: 10 episodes)|
- - zap2it article Archived September 19, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Falco, Tom (27 August 2017). "10 things you didn't know about The Vampire Diaries' Daniel Newman". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Red Hot Exposed: the full calendar". gq-magazine.co.uk. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Tan, Monica (1 December 2014). "The beauty of a red-headed man – in pictures". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Blockbuster reel". Blip TV. Archived from the original on 2010-11-19.
- Daniel Newman on IMDb
- Jenny McGrath (November 23, 2011). "The Vampire Diaries brings Paul Newman's grandson to Mystic Falls". WetPaint. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- Martin, Michael (14 June 2017). "Walking Dead Star Daniel Newman is Fighting Evil & Stripping Down". out.com. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- Johnson, Zach. "The Walking Dead's Daniel Newman Publicly Comes Out as Gay". 31 March 2017. eonline.com. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- The Walking Dead's Daniel Newman Hopes to Inspire LGBT Youth by Opening Up About His Sexuality. People. March 31, 2017
- "Daniel Newman looks dapper in navy suit at GLAAD Media Awards". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-07-23.