Daniel N'Gom Kome
|Full name||Daniel Armand N'Gom Kome|
|Date of birth||19 May 1980|
|Place of birth||Bangou, Cameroon|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|1999–2000||Atlético Madrid B||33||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
|Olympic medal record|
|2000 Sydney||Team Competition|
Kome played mainly for Numancia and Tenerife, amassing Segunda División totals of 224 games and 24 goals over the course of nine seasons. He appeared for Cameroon at the 2002 World Cup and three Africa Cup of Nations tournaments.
Born in Bangou, Kome moved to Spain in 1999 at the aged of 19, and played there for over a decade. His first club was Atlético Madrid B, and he joined Levante UD in the third division after one season.
After representing CD Numancia, Kome made his La Liga debut with another Madrid side, Getafe CF (also a first-timer), first appearing 15 minutes in a 3–1 home win over Athletic Bilbao. On 6 February 2005 he scored the game's only goal in a home win against former team Numancia and, after relative playing time, he dropped down to the second level and signed with Ciudad de Murcia.
However, after appearing sparingly throughout one-and-a-half seasons and although still under contract, Kome managed to reach a buy-out and moved to CD Tenerife on 21 July 2008, on a Bosman transfer. On 13 June 2009 he scored the game's only goal at Girona FC, as his team confirmed its return to the top level after seven years; he featured regularly for the Canarians in the following two years, but they suffered consecutive relegations.
A Cameroon international since 2000, Kome was also part of the nation's winning team at that year's Summer Olympic Games. At full level, he appeared twice at the 2002 FIFA World Cup and played in four contests for the 2002 Africa Cup of Nations winners, in Egypt.
- Kome ya es español y Delibasic se va al AEK de Serra (Kome already Spanish and Delibašić goes to Serra's AEK); El Mundo, 17 August 2006 (Spanish)
- El Valladolid ficha al camerunés Kome (Valladolid sign Cameroonian Kome); Marca, 12 February 2007 (Spanish)
- El Tenerife presenta a Kome (Tenerife present Kome); Marca, 21 July 2008 (Spanish)
- El Tenerife no dio opción a la sorpresa y selló su ascenso en Girona (Tenerife did not wait on a surprise and sealed promotion in Girona); Marca, 13 June 2009 (Spanish)
- "Cameroon 1–1 Ivory Coast". BBC Sport. 4 February 2006. Retrieved 26 August 2015.