Daniel P. Vrakas
Born in Waukesha, Wisconsin, Vrakas graduated from Waukesha High School (now Waukesha South) in 1974 and from the University of Wisconsin–Stevens Point in 1979. He was a former restaurant owner. Vrakas lives in Waukesha County’s Lake Country area.
From 1991 to 2005, Vrakas served in the Wisconsin State Assembly, representing the 33rd Assembly District. In the Assembly, he was the Republican Caucus Chairman. In 2005, he resigned from the Assembly to run for County Executive of Waukesha County. He was elected County Executive in a special election held on October 18, 2005 and was re-elected to serve a four-year term in 2006, and again in 2011. In November 2014, Vrakas announced that he would retire as Waukesha County Executive. He confirmed that he had been treated for prostate cancer.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 2005-2006,' Biographical Sketch of Daniel R. Vrakas, pg. 41
- www.waukeshacounty.gov http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/defaultwc.aspx?id=37479. Retrieved 2014-08-13. Missing or empty
- Daniel P. Vrakas, Wisconsin Historical Society
- County Executive of Waukesha County
- 'Vrakas to retire as Waukesha County exec, sparking likely GOP trussle,' Milwaukee Sentinel Journal, Daniel Bice, November 13, 2014
|This article about a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|