|Alma mater||Tufts University|
Daniel Paisner is an American journalist and author. He is best known for his work as a ghostwriter and collaborator. He has published more than sixty books, including fourteen New York Times best-sellers. He is also the author of three novels, and several works of non-fiction. His novel A Single Happened Thing was published by Relegation Books in March 2016. His titles include The Girl in the Green Sweater: A Life in Holocaust's Shadow (2008), The Power of Broke (2016), and Last Man Down (2002).
In 2006, Paisner collaborated with Holly Robinson Peete on the book Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!: A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football, which won that year's Quill Award in the Sports category.
In 2011, Paisner collaborated with baseball umpire Jim Joyce and pitcher Armando Galarraga on a book about Galarraga's near perfect game. On June 2, 2010, Joyce called a play incorrectly, preventing Galarraga from pitching a perfect game. Following the release of the book, Nobody's Perfect: Two Men, One Call, and a Game for Baseball History, MLB did not allow Joyce to work any games in which Galarraga would be playing, to avoid any appearance of impropriety due to their business relationship.
In 2016, with Daymond John, the founder and CEO of FUBU, Paisner released The Power of Broke, a motivational business book that features stories from 15 entrepreneurs, including Steve Aoki, Rob Dyrdek, Kevin Plank, and Loren Ridinger. It appeared on the Wall Street Journal and New York Times bestseller lists, and received an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Instructional Literary Work.
- Paisner, Daniel. "Three Likes and a Re-tweet". medium.com.
- McCue, Matt. "This Ghost is a Machine". Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Relegation Books".
- "Daniel Paisner". Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Daniel Paisner Bio". Tufts University.
- "Playster Audiobooks". Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "The 2nd Annual Quill Awards". Retrieved August 26, 2017.
- Nelson, Amy (June 1, 2011). "MLB will not let Jim Joyce umpire Armando Gallaraga's games". espn.com. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- The Power Of Broke' Interview Series: How To Succeed In Business With No Money In Your Pocket. Forbes. January 18, 2016.
- "Best-Selling Books Week Ended Feb. 7". Wall Street Journal. 2016-02-11. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Advice, How-To & Miscellaneous Books - Best Sellers - February 7, 2016 - The New York Times". Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- Lewis, Hillary (2017-02-10). "2017 NAACP Image Award Winners: Complete List". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-04-07.