||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
3 November 1977 |
Life and career
In 2013, Pemberton completed his breakthrough score to director Ridley Scott's film The Counselor. The score was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London. Alongside Ridley Scott he has also scored films for some of the world's acclaimed directors including Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs and Guy Ritchie's The Man From U.N.C.L.E..
Pemberton has been nominated twice for a Golden Globe award. In 2016 his score for Steve Jobs was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score. In 2017 he was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song  for the song Gold from the film of the same name which he co-wrote with Iggy Pop, Danger Mouse and the director Stephen Gaghan.
Recent works include the Palme d'Or nominated French film Mal De Pierres starring Marion Cotillard and directed by Nicole Garcia; The Weinstein Company film Gold starring Matthew McConughey and directed by Stephen Gaghan; Felt a political thriller based on the Watergate affair starring Liam Neeson, directed by Peter Landesman and produced by Ridley Scott and Tom Hanks and the latest film from Guy Ritchie: King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword.
Earlier work includes The Awakening starring Rebecca Hall and Dominic West and directed by Nick Murphy; Cuban Fury a British comedy from the producers of Shaun Of The Dead starring Nick Frost; the live action short Ghost Recon: Alpha directed by Oscar-winners Francois Alaux and Herve De Crecy and edited by Oscar-winner Pietro Scalia; Blood starring Paul Bettany and Mark Strong, directed by Nick Murphy and produced by Sam Mendes; Film4 feature In Fear starring Alice Englert, directed by Jeremy Lovering and Complicit starring David Oyelowo and directed by Niall MacCormick. Pemberton also scored director Gareth Edwards' breakthrough sci-fi short film Factory Farmed.
He has also composed title tunes and incidental music for several award-winning television series including The Game, Prey, Ambassadors, Peep Show, Desperate Romantics, Space Dive, Occupation, Prisoners' Wives, My Mad Fat Diary, Suburban Shootout, Hell's Kitchen, Great British Menu, Hiroshima, Bad Lads' Army, George Orwell: A Life in Pictures, The Yellow House, Monster Moves, Dirk Gently, Napoleon and the first series of the 2010 revival of Upstairs Downstairs. He also has composed music for video games such as LittleBigPlanet, Kinect Adventures, LittleBigPlanet 2 and The Movies. Using the alias The Daniel Pemberton TV Orchestra, some of his television themes were released on the album TVPOPMUZIK in 2007, while his video game work—primarily that from LittleBigPlanet—was released on the album LittleBIGMusic.
|Factory Farmed (Short)||2008||Gareth Edwards|
|The Awakening||2011||Nick Murphy|
|Ghost Recon: Alpha (Short)||2012||Francois Alaux and Herve De Crecy|
|In Fear||2013||Jeremy Lovering|
|The Counselor||2013||Ridley Scott|
|Cuban Fury||2014||James Griffiths|
|The Man from U.N.C.L.E.||2015||Guy Ritchie|
|Steve Jobs||2015||Danny Boyle|
|From the Land of the Moon||2016||Nicole Garcia|
|King Arthur: Legend of the Sword||2017||Guy Ritchie|
- Steve Jobs (Backlot Music, 2015)
- The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (Watertower, 2015)
- The Game (Moviescore Media, 2015)
- Cuban Fury (Decca Records, 2014)
- The Counselor (Milan Records, 2013)
- Blood (Moviescore Media, 2013)
- Space Dive (1812 Recordings, 2012)
- Dirk Gently (Moviescore Media, 2012)
- Space Dive (1812 Recordings, 2012)
- The Awakening (Moviescore Media/Screamworks, 2012)
- Desperate Romantics (1812 Recordings, 2012)
- LittleBIGMusic (1812 Recordings, 2011)
- The Haunted Airman (1812 Recordings, 2011)
- Upstairs Downstairs (1812 Recordings, 2010)
- Kinect Adventures (1812 Recordings, 2010)
- Monster Moves: Songs + Sounds (1812 Recordings, 2009)
- Attila The Hun + Napoleon (Moviescore Media, 2009)
- TVPOPMUZIK (1812 Recordings, 2007)
- Prehistoric Park (1812 Recordings, 2006)
- "Official website biography". Danielpemberton.com. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Daniel Pemberton". The New York Times. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Daniel Pemberton Scoring Ridley Scott's 'The Counselor' - Film Music Reporter". Filmmusicreporter.com. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Daniel Pemberton Named Discovery of the Year by World Soundtrack Academy". www.ascap.com. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "World Soundtrack Awards 2016".
- "Daniel Pemberton". www.goldenglobes.com. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Best Original Song 2016".
- "FACTORY FARMED". YouTube. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Danielpemberton.com". Danielpemberton.com. Archived from the original on 19 November 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Conversations with Screen Composers in association with PRS for Music: Daniel Pemberton". www.bafta.org. Retrieved 8 October 2016.