Daniel Pineda (fighter)
August 6, 1985 |
Dallas, Texas, United States
|Other names||The Pit|
|Residence||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
|Reach||69.0 in (175 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Team||4oz Fight Club|
|Rank||Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Daniel Pineda (born August 6, 1985) is an American mixed martial artist who most recently competed in the UFC's Featherweight division. A professional competitor since 2007, Pineda has also formerly competed for Bellator and EliteXC
Mixed martial arts career
Legacy Fighting Championship
Daniel Pineda was the Featherweight Champion of Legacy Fighting Championship. None of his fights with Legacy went to decision with notable wins over fighters such as WEC veteran Frank Gomez. Daniel Pineda's fights with Legacy Fighting Championships were always exciting and his last fight with Legacy Fighting Championships before he went to the UFC ended in a TKO by spinning backfist at Legacy Fighting Championships 9. He is now scheduled to face former WEC and UFC fighter Leonard Garcia for the featherweight title Legacy Fighting Championship 37 in November.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
In early January 2012, it was announced that Pineda had been signed to the UFC.
Pineda returned after a layoff to face Justin Lawrence on April 13, 2013 at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale. Pineda won the fight via submission in the first round, earning Submission of the Night honors for his performance.
Return to Legacy FC
Pineda next faced Thomas Webb at Legacy FC 39 on February 28, 2015. He won the fight via submission early in the first round.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Katana Cagefighting
- KC Featherweight Championship (One time)
- Legacy Fighting Championship
- Legacy FC Featherweight Championship (One time)
- Two successful title defenses
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|31 matches||20 wins||11 losses|
|Win||21–11||Jonny Carson||Submission (kimura)||Legacy FC 41||April 3, 2015||3||1:45||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||20–11||Thomas Webb||Submission (triangle choke)||Legacy FC 39||February 27, 2015||1||0:49||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||19–11||Leonard Garcia||Submission (kimura)||Legacy FC 37||November 14, 2014||1||1:54||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Loss||18–11||Robert Whiteford||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 171||March 15, 2014||3||5:00||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Loss||18–10||Diego Brandão||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen||August 17, 2013||3||5:00||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||18–9||Justin Lawrence||Submission (kimura)||The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale||April 13, 2013||1||1:35||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Submission of the Night|
|Loss||17–9||Antonio Carvalho||KO (punches)||UFC 149||July 21, 2012||1||1:11||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Loss||17–8||Mike Brown||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 146||May 26, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||17–7||Mackens Semerzier||Submission (triangle-armbar)||UFC on FX: Alves vs. Kampmann||March 3, 2012||1||2:05||Sydney, Australia|
|Win||16–7||Pat Schilling||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC on FX: Guillard vs. Miller||January 20, 2012||1||1:37||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Win||15–7||Gilbert Jimenez||TKO (spinning backfist)||Legacy Fighting Championship 9||December 16, 2011||2||1:37||Houston, Texas, United States||Non-title bout, Catchweight.|
|Win||14–7||Frank Gomez||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Legacy Fighting Championship 7||July 22, 2011||3||2:25||Houston, Texas, United States||Defended Legacy FC Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||13–7||Ray Blodgett||KO (punch)||Legacy Fighting Championship 6||April 9, 2011||1||0:58||Houston, Texas, United States||Defended Legacy FC Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||12–7||Levi Forrest||Submission (heel hook)||Legacy Fighting Championship 5||January 29, 2011||1||2:49||Houston, Texas, United States||Non-title bout.|
|Win||11–7||Reynaldo Trujillo||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Legacy Fighting Championships||July 31, 2010||1||1:58||Houston, Texas, United States||Won the Legacy FC Featherweight Championship.|
|Loss||10–7||Chas Skelly||Submission (kneebar)||Bellator 19||May 20, 2010||2||2:16||Grand Prairie, Texas, United States|
|Win||10–6||James King||TKO (punches)||KOK 8: The Uprising||February 27, 2010||1||4:30||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Win||9–6||Douglas Frey||Submission (heel hook)||SWC 9: Redemption||November 28, 2009||2||1:55||Frisco, Texas, United States|
|Loss||8–6||Chas Skelly||Submission||SWC 8: Night of Rumble||September 18, 2009||1||2:12||Frisco, Texas, United States|
|Loss||8–5||Johnny Bedford||Submission (triangle choke)||SWC 7: Discountenance||June 20, 2009||2||2:58||Frisco, Texas, United States|
|Loss||8–4||Kyle Miers||Submission (rear-naked choke)||International Xtreme Fight Association||June 6, 2009||1||1:24||Vinton, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||8–3||Roberto Vargas||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 6||May 8, 2009||3||5:00||Robstown, Texas, United States|
|Win||8–2||Johnny Bedford||Submission (kneebar)||SWC 3: St. Valentine's Day Massacre||February 21, 2009||1||2:00||Frisco, Texas, United States|
|Win||7–2||Ira Evanson||Submission (armbar)||Katana Cagefighting||December 6, 2008||2||1:22||Robstown, Texas, United States||Won the Katana Cagefighting Featherweight Championship.|
|Loss||6–2||Scott Bear||Submission (choke)||Legacy Fighting Championships 2||August 23, 2008||2||N/A||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Win||6–1||Vince Libardi||TKO (punches)||South Coast Promotions||July 18, 2008||1||1:13||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||5–1||John Alvarez||TKO (punches)||Katana Cagefighting||May 17, 2008||2||2:04||Robstown, Texas, United States|
|Win||4–1||Warren Stewart||TKO (punches)||Urban Rumble Championships 1||April 4, 2008||1||1:42||Pasadena, Texas, United States|
|Loss||3–1||Lim Jae-Suk||Submission (rear-naked choke)||EliteXC: Renegade||November 10, 2007||1||2:42||Corpus Christi, Texas, United States|
|Win||3–0||Kierre Gooch||Submission (choke)||Renegades Extreme Fighting||October 20, 2007||2||0:59||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||2–0||Warren Stewart||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Art of War 2||May 11, 2007||1||2:00||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Win||1–0||Jeremy Mahon||Submission (rear-naked choke)||IFC: Caged Combat||April 13, 2007||1||1:03||Corpus Christi, Texas, United States|
- "Daniel Pineda - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "UFC on FX 1 adds Easton vs. Papazian, Schilling vs. Pineda". mmajunkie.com. January 10, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2012.
- "UFC on FX 2: Daniel Pineda replaces Robert Peralta, meets Mackens Semerzier". mmajunkie.com. February 6, 2012.
- "Mike Brown vs. Daniel Pineda added to May's UFC 146 event". mmajunkie.com. March 14, 2012.
- "George Roop out, Daniel Pineda meets Antonio Carvalho at UFC 149". mmajunkie.com. June 26, 2012.
- "Pineda-Lawrence set for TUF 17 Finale in April" Check
value (help). mmajunkie.com. February 11, 2013.
- Staff (2013-06-05). "Diego Brandao vs. Daniel Pineda added to UFC on FOX Sports 1 1 in Boston". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-06-05.
- Staff (2014-01-19). "Daniel Pineda vs. Robert Whiteford added to UFC 171 in Dallas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- MMAJunkie.com Staff (2014-07-14). "After UFC run, former two-division champ Daniel Pineda returns to Legacy FC". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "LFC 37 - LEGACY FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP 37". sherdog.com.
- "Legacy FC 37 results: Daniel Pineda taps Leonard Garcia, 'Bad Boy' calls it a career". mmajunkie.com. November 15, 2014.
- "Legacy FC 39 results: Leonardo Leite claims belt with controversial finish". mmajunkie.com. February 28, 2015.
- Staff (2010-07-31). "Legacy Promotions 7/31/10 Official Results". mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- Staff (2008-12-06). "Katana Cagefighting - Conquest Official Results". mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved 2014-07-03.