|Shortstop / Third baseman|
|Born: May 2, 1994|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pinero attended the Humberside Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Ontario. The Houston Astros selected Pinero in the 20th round of the 2013 MLB draft, but he did not sign with the team. He enrolled at the University of Virginia, where he played college baseball for the Virginia Cavaliers.
The Detroit Tigers selected Pinero in the ninth round of the 2016 MLB draft. He signed with the Tigers, and made his professional debut with the GCL Tigers. After slashing .333/.448/.667 with two home runs and six RBIs in seven games, he was promoted to the Connecticut Tigers and he finished the season there, batting .261 with 16 RBIs in 43 games. In 2017, he played for the West Michigan Whitecaps where he batted .289 with four home runs and 56 RBIs in 120 games. He also played in eight games at the end of the season for the Lakeland Flying Tigers.
- "UVa shortstop a stabilizing force". Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Robinson, Tom. "Virginia's middle men are anchors of a stingy defense". Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Daniel Pinero Inks Contract with Tigers". Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Danny Pinero Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved April 15, 2018.
- "15 from Tigers organization make World Baseball Classic rosters". Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Baseball Canada announces roster for Pan Am Games Qualifier". Baseball Canada. January 9, 2019. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian baseball shortstop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|