Daniel Portman in 2016
13 February 1992 |
Portman, son of actor Ron Donachie, was born in Glasgow and raised in Strathbungo. He attended Shawlands Academy, where he was Head Boy in his final year and played rugby for the school. He earned an HNC in acting and performing at Reid Kerr College in Paisley.
Portman has been acting since he was 16 years old. His first role was in 2010's Outcast, in which he starred as Paul. This was followed by a role in popular Scottish soap opera River City. His second film role was a small part in Scottish comedy The Angels' Share. It was announced on 24 August 2011 that he was cast as Podrick Payne in the award-winning HBO fantasy drama series Game of Thrones. He continues to portray this role. His portrayal has received positive acclaim from fans on Twitter.
|2012||The Angels' Share||Sniper's Pal 2|
|2012–present||Game of Thrones||Podrick Payne|
- "Game of Thrones has added another Scot to its cast". The Scottish Sun. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "US acting star passes on drama tips". Paisley Daily Express. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Daniel Portman cast as Podrick Payne in Game of Thrones". Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Game of Thrones season 5 filming kicks into high gear in Belfast". Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Game of Thrones: Daniel Portman on Podrick saving Tyrion & filming Blackwater". Retrieved 29 August 2012.
|This article about a British television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|