This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||March 23, 1969|
|Occupation||Journalist, television writer|
Daniel Radosh (born 23 March 1969) is an American journalist and blogger. Radosh is a senior writer for The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Previously, he was a staff writer for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and a contributing editor at The Week. He writes occasionally for The New Yorker. His writing has also appeared in Entertainment Weekly, Esquire, GQ, Mademoiselle, McSweeney's Quarterly Concern, Might, New York Magazine, The New York Times, Playboy, Radar, Salon, Slate, and other publications. From 2000 to 2001, he was a senior editor for Modern Humorist. In the 1990s he was a writer and editor at Spy. Radosh began his writing career at Youth Communication in 1985, where as a high school student he published more than a dozen stories in New Youth Connections (now YCteen), a magazine by and for New York City teenagers.
His blog, Radosh.net, was named one of the "top 25 blogs" by Time.com in 2008. As a blogger, he is probably best known for his public dispute with journalist Peter Landesman, who wrote an article about sexual slavery in the January 25, 2004, issue of The New York Times Magazine titled "The Girls Next Door". When Radosh challenged the facts of the article, Landesman threatened legal action against Radosh. A series of articles about the dispute by Jack Shafer in Slate turned the issue of the article's accuracy — and of the legal rights and responsibilities of blogs — into one of the most controversial topics in journalism during the first half of 2004.
Much of Radosh's journalism is on lighter topics, however: the description for his blog is "Pop. Politics. Sex. So On." In pop-culture circles, Radosh is known for his obsession with tracing Huckapoo's attempts to infiltrate popular consciousness. He also runs on his blog the New Yorker Cartoon Anti-Caption Contest, a spoof of The New Yorker's weekly cartoon caption contest.
- "Jordan Klepper Returns To THE DAILY SHOW WITH TREVOR NOAH". Broadway World. December 16, 2019.
- http://youthcomm.org/who_we_are/alumni/alumni_R-S.html#R[permanent dead link]
- "Time.com's First Annual Blog Index Archived 2008-04-11 at the Wayback Machine", Time.com, 2007
- "Assessing Landsman", Slate, June 9, 2005
- Laura Collins-Hughes (March 2, 2010). "'In the Land of Believers' by Gina Welch".
- "What's the Point of Comedy?". Oberlin College. April 5, 2017.
- Radosh blog
- Citation in Time.com's First Annual Blog Index
- Details on battle between Landesman and Radosh by Jack Shafer in Slate
- Rapture Ready! site
- Galleycat blog post about the sale of Rapture Ready!
- Video (and audio) of debate/discussion on religious issues with Radosh and Jeff Sharlet on Bloggingheads.tv
- Daniel Radosh on Twitter