Daniel Ravner (Hebrew name: דניאל רבנר, born April 1, 1976) is an Israeli writer, speaker, and cross media creator. He is known for his work on Israeli television and blogging on crossmedia and internet trends. On March 2017, Ravner launched his startup news site "The Perspective", which offers his readers contradicting point of view analysis of current affairs.
Daniel Ravner was born and raised in Ramla, Israel. He went to Ramla Lod High School and left Israel for Paris and later New York in 1998. He returned to Israel in 2004 and works mainly from Tel Aviv. In 2010, Ravner won a fellowship for the Entertainment Master Class – an international education program. In 2008, he earned a BA in Film and Theater in New York City. He interned at MTV networks, earned the “W. Eaton award for excellence in playwriting” and also won the IFC’s sponsored Festeyeful “Best of Festival award” for his short film The Art of Talking to Girls. In 2013, Ravner completed a business strategy MBA degree at Ono Academic College.
Media and business career
Among his projects are TV by the People (first ever crowd sourced TV format), The Architect (Israel first ARG), RGE's Springboard and other cross media projects for the likes of P&G, FOX international Channels, ProSeiben’s Red Arrow, 3M and many more.
In March 2012, Ravner was named one of "40 most promising people under 40 in the Israeli business world” by the Israeli business magazine Globes. He is currently the CEO of Practical Innovation, a cross media strategy and implementation firm.
Prior to his position at THE BOX, Ravner wrote for prime time Israeli Television (channel 2 and 10) and worked as associate story editor on Channel 10′s prime time show The Sing. He was also as artistic manager of “Smallbama” – theater festival, and wrote the nationally toured comedic play The Chat and its Punishment
During 2016 Ravner started to develop his next venture The Perspective, a site that offers its readers to consider current events, from two opposing points of view. The site launched on March 2017, following a successful seed investment of $550,000.
Ravner has a professional blog covering original new media content and TV/WEB relationship. Articles from the blog constantly reappear in other publications. He also holds lectures worldwide on the subject of New and Cross media and workshops on transmedia and new media content in various academic institutions.
- "Daniel Ravner Wants To Make TV Innovation Profitable". Jewish Business News. 2014-10-10. Retrieved 2014-09-30.
- "G magazin 40 under 40 PDF (hebrew)" (PDF). Globes. March 1, 2012. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "MIPTV Trending Topics: "TV is going back to being a TV industry"". Mip Markets Blog. 2015-04-16. Retrieved 2015-06-05.
- The Perespecctive.com
- Jonatthn Sheiber, With $500K in financing, The Perspective wants to unite a divided media world, TechCrunch, 30 March, 2017
- "perspective-media-ltd-wins-2017-webaward-for-the-perspective". Web Marketing association. 2017-09-07. Retrieved 2017-09-11.
- "PWC entertainment and media outlook report 2013-2017 (hebrew)". PWC. January 2, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Israeli producer wins EMC/C21 scholarship". c21 Media. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- Ravner, Daniel. "Person details". Entertainment Master Class. EMC. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "The Art of Talking to Girls IMDB page". IMDB. 2004-05-11. Retrieved 2014-02-12.
- "Screentime ShinAwiL launch new 'TV By The People' venture". hotpress.com. 2013-04-29. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Interview with Daniel Ravner: Creating "TV by the People"". blog.mipworld.com. 2013-09-02. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "The Architect – Israel's first alternate Reality game". ARGnet. Retrieved 25 March 2009.
- "RGE Springboard (HaMakpeza) category: acclerators". Startbase. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "G magazin 40 under 40 PDF" (PDF). Globes. March 1, 2012. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Practical Innovation". Practical Innovation. August 1, 2013. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- "Armoza hires first digital chief". c21 media. 2012-09-03. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Keshet Broadcasting, The Box partner on Screenz to provide crossmedia products". Broadcast Engineering. 2011-09-11. Retrieved 2014-02-09.
- "Small Bama 5 review (Hebrew)". mouse.co.il. 2006-11-04. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- editorial, alleywatch. "This NYC Startup Just Raised $550K To Help You Understand the Other Side". alleywatch.com.
- Jonathan, Shieber. "With $500K in financing, The Perspective wants to unite a divided media world". techcrunch.com. Retrieved Mar 31, 2017.
- "Daniel Ravner's Blog". Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Daniel Ravner: Can't social media be more than just marketing". Mip Blog. 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "Transmedia business models workshop". Ravensbourne College London. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "MIP formats presentations". MIP. 2014-03-01. Retrieved 2014-03-01.