Daniel Rowlinson Ratcliff
Ratcliff was born in Birmingham, the son of Joseph Ratcliff of Edgbaston, to a family of machinists and founders. He was a partner in the safe-making firm of Thomas Milner and Son. He was a J.P. for Worcestershire and Warwickshire.
Ratcliff was living at Mansion House, Great Alne, Warwickshire with his wife Jane and several children in 1881. In 1889 he established the company of Ratner Safe with his son William Milner Ratcliff and John Horner.
He died at the age of 85.
Ratcliff married Jane Milner only daughter of Thomas Milner in 1862.
- History of Locks
- Office for National Statistics - Indices
- British Census 1881 RG11 3106/67 p4
- Grace's Guide Ratner Safe Co
- William Retlaw Williams The Parliamentary History of the County of Worcester
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "E" (part 2)
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Daniel Ratcliff
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Evesham
April 1880 – July 1880
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|