This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Strategic Advisor / Hedge Fund Expert|
|Spouse(s)||Felice Dara Luxenberg|
Daniel Strachman (born 1971 in Framingham, MA) is an American author of business and investment strategy books that provides strategic consulting and corporate governance services to investment management firms.
He is a graduate of Clark University. Strachman is the author of nine books on hedge funds and investment strategy. Strachman's articles have appeared in publications including: The Boston Globe, The New York Post, The Financial Times and The American Banker.
Strachman has been working on Wall Street for more than nineteen years. He is recognized as an expert in all aspects of the investment management industry including fund structuring, product development and marketing. Throughout his career, Strachman has worked in hedge fund and mutual fund product development and marketing, institutional brokerage, and investment management at firms including Cantor Fitzgerald & Company, Morgan Stanley & Company and the Orbitex Group of Funds. He has extensive experience in retail and institutional distribution for traditional and alternative investment products and services. He serves as an independent director to investment management firms and is a registered director under the Directors Registration and Licensing Law, 2014 of the Cayman Islands.In January of 2017 he joined Apex Fund Services as head of business development. He is a Co-Founder of the Investment Management Due Diligence Association.
Strachman's books include: Getting Started In Hedge Funds (Wiley 2000) Second Edition (Wiley 2005) and the Third Edition (Wiley 2010). Essential Stock Picking Strategies (Wiley 2002) The Fundamentals of Hedge Funds (Wiley 2007), Second Edition (Wiley 2012) and The Long and Short of Hedge Funds (Wiley 2008). He also wrote a biography of hedge fund manager Julian Robertson titled Julian Robertson: A Tiger in the Land of Bulls and Bears and co-authored a book Fund of Funds Investing (Wiley 2009). His books have been translated into a number of languages including Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Russian.
Strachman was an adjunct professor at Rutgers University Business School, where he taught graduate level and undergraduate level courses on corporate finance and investment analysis. He has also served as an expert witness in a number of investment management litigation cases focused on subjects including hedge fund and mutual fund marketing, redemption policies, investment management, suitability, thinly traded stocks, investment performance, fund structuring and fund operations. Strachman has appeared on CNBC, Bloomberg, National Public Radio and BBC World Service. He is formerly an adjunct professor at New York University’s School of Continuing Education and has lectured at the New York Society of Securities Analysts.
Strachman is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Chapel Hill Chauncy Hall School in Waltham, MA where he is chair of the audit committee.
He often blogs at HEDGEAnswers.com where he also serves as moderator of the HEDGEAnswers Conference Call Series. HEDGEAnswers is an online community focused on providing managers with education on launching and building a successful investment management business. He is the co-founder of Operations for Alternatives, an online community and event series focused on the convergence of hedge funds, mutual funds and private equity funds.
He was a member of the Fanwood, NJ Volunteer Rescue Squad and a New Jersey Certified Emergency Medical Technician.
On March 23, 2003, Strachman was married to Felice Dara Luxenberg.
- Getting Started In Hedge Funds, nonfiction (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2000)
- Essential Stock Picking Strategies, nonfiction (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2002)
- Julian Robertson: A Tiger in the Land of Bulls and Bears, biography (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2004)
- Getting Started In Hedge Funds - Second Edition, nonfiction (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2005)
- The Fundamentals of Hedge Fund Management, nonfiction (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2007)
- The Long and Short of Hedge Funds: A Complete Guide to Hedge Fund Evaluation and Investing, nonfiction (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2008)
- Fund of Funds Investing: A Roadmap to Portfolio Diversification, nonfiction (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2009) with Richard Bookbinder
- Getting Started In Hedge Funds - Third Edition, nonfiction (New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2010)
- The Fundamentals of Hedge Fund Management, nonfiction (New York:John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2012)