Daniel T. Jones
|Other names||Dan Jones|
|Alma mater||University of Sussex|
|Known for||Lean management|
|Notable work||The Machine That Changed the World (1991)|
|Awards||Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence (1994, 1998, 2003)|
Daniel T. Jones is an English author and researcher. He won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence in the Research and Professional Publication category multiple times for his books The Machine that Changed the World, Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Organization and Seeing the Whole: Mapping the Extended Value Stream.
He is also the founder of the Lean Enterprise Academy.
Daniel Jones along with James P. Womack researched the automotive industry. Their research work with Daniel Roos, a professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology on the automotive industry, found a three-to-one productivity difference between Japanese and American factories. Their research was published as a book, The Machine That Changed the World in 1991.
- A. Graves; Daniel T. Jones (1986). Comparison of international research and development in the automobile industry. International Motor Vehicle Program.
- Roos, Daniel, Ph.D.; Womack, James P., Ph.D.; Jones, Daniel T.: The Machine That Changed the World : The Story of Lean Production, Harper Perennial (November 1991), ISBN 0060974176, ISBN 978-0060974176
- James P. Womack; Daniel T. Jones (2002). Seeing the Whole: Mapping the Extended Value Stream, Volume 4. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 9780966784350.
- James P. Womack; Daniel T. Jones (2010). Lean Thinking: Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation. ISBN 9780743249270.
- James P. Womack; Daniel T. Jones (2015). Lean Solutions: How Companies and Customers Can Create Value and Wealth Together. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9780743277792.
- Michael Balle; Daniel T. Jones (2016). Priolo, Roberto (ed.). Lead with Lean: On Lean Leadership and Practice. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781540480842.
- Millard, Maggie (17 November 2017). "Meet Some of the Pioneers of Lean Leadership". Kainexus.
- "Shingo Institute - Leading a New Era of Enterprise Excellence". shingo.org. Archived from the original on 30 October 2014.
- "Lean Solutions: How Companies and Customers Can Create Value And Wealth Together". IndustryWeek. 6 March 2006.
- "Daniel T. Jones". lean.org.
- "Honorary Graduates 2015". buckingham.ac.uk. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (August 2020)