|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Jaffna|
|Church||Church of South India|
|Alma mater||Jaffna Central College|
Thiagarajah was consecrated as the fourth Church of South India Bishop of Jaffna on 21 August 2006. Some members of the diocese objected to the procedures used in Thiagarajah's appointment and took legal action. At point the diocesan council severed all links with the Church of South India.
- Ilangamuwa, Nilantha (3 July 2008). "Unity in diversity is essential for peace in Sri Lanka – Bishop Daniel Thiagarajah". Sri Lanka Guardian.
- "Fourth CSI Bishop consecrated" (PDF). The Island (Sri Lanka).
- Rutnam, Easwaran (28 August 2006). "Controversy surrounds appointment of newly appointed CSI Bishop of Jaffna diocese". The Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). Archived from the original on 3 July 2013.
- Anandappa, Teles (8 October 2006). "Court of Appeal stays DC order on bishop". The Sunday Times (Sri Lanka).
- Perera, Suresh (15 July 2007). "Jaffna Church severs ties with Church of South India over 'imposed Bishop' dispute". The Island (Sri Lanka).