Daniel V. Beiser
|Daniel V. Beiser|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 111th district
|Preceded by||Steve Davis|
|Alma mater||Southern Illinois University|
In his time as Representative, Beiser has addressed significant issues facing the Metro-east, including education funding; the fight against methamphetamine and sex offenders; and the protection of Social Security. Beiser has also taken a leading role in the fight to provide financial relief for local residents in light of increased electric rates and sponsored a non-partisan conceal carry bill.
On August 30, 2017, Beiser announced his retirement from the Illinois House of Representatives, making him the 15th legislator in 2017 to do so.
- Carson, Bethany (January 2007). "New Illinois Lawmakers in the 95th General Assembly". Illinois Issues. Springfield, Illinois: University of Illinois at Springfield. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- "Meet Dan | Dan Beiser - Illinois State Representative 111th District". www.representativebeiser.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- Miller, Rich (August 30, 2017). "Beiser won't run again". Capitol Fax. Springfield, Illinois. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Representative Daniel V. Beiser (D) 111th District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Dan Beiser for State Representative
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Daniel V. Beiser at Illinois House Democrats
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|