Daniela Bianchi in 1963
|Years active||1958–1970, 2012|
(m. 1970; died 2018)
Daniela Bianchi (born 31 January 1942) is an Italian actress, best known for her role of Bond girl Tatiana Romanova in the 1963 movie From Russia with Love. She played a Soviet cipher clerk sent to entrap agent 007, James Bond. Bianchi's father was an Italian Army colonel. She studied ballet for eight years, and later worked as a fashion model.
Born in Rome, Bianchi was the first runner-up in the 1960 Miss Universe contest, where she was also voted Miss Photogenic by the press. Her film career began in 1958. In From Russia with Love her voice was dubbed by Barbara Jefford due to Bianchi's heavy accent.
Bianchi starred in a number of French and Italian movies after From Russia with Love, the last being Scacco internazionale in 1968. One of her later films was Operation Kid Brother (also known as OK Connery and Operation Double 007), which was a James Bond spoof filmed in English (though Bianchi was again dubbed) and starring Sean Connery's brother, Neil Connery. Her only role in an American production was in the Dr. Kildare three-part story "Rome Will Never Leave You."
In 2012, Bianchi appeared in a small role in the documentary film We're Nothing Like James Bond.
- En cas de malheur (1958) (uncredited) ... a.k.a. Love Is My Profession (USA)
- Les Démons de minuit (1961) ... a.k.a. Midnight Folly
- Una domenica d'estate (1962) as Donatella ... a.k.a. Always on Sunday (USA)
- La spada del Cid (1962) as Elvira ... a.k.a. The Sword of El Cid
- From Russia with Love (1963) as Tatiana Romanova
- Dr. Kildare as Francesca Paolini (3 episodes, 1964)
- Le Tigre aime la chair fraiche (1964) as Mehlica Baskine ... a.k.a. Code Name: Tiger (USA)
- Slalom (1965) as Nadia ... a.k.a. Snow Job (USA: TV title)
- L'ombrellone (1966) as Isabella Dominici ... a.k.a. Weekend, Italian Style
- Balearic Caper (1966) as Mercedes ... a.k.a. Operation Gold
- Special Mission Lady Chaplin (1966) as Lady Arabella Chaplin ... a.k.a. Operation Lady Chaplin
- Requiem per un agente segreto (1966) as Evelyn ... a.k.a. Requiem for a Secret Agent (USA)
- Troppo per vivere... poco per morire (1967) as Arabella ... a.k.a. Your Turn to Die
- O.K. Connery (1967) as Maya Rafis ... a.k.a. Operation Kid Brother (USA)
- Dalle Ardenne all'inferno (1967) as Kristina von Keist ... a.k.a. Dirty Heroes (USA)
- Scacco internazionale (1968) as Helen Harris ... a.k.a. The Last Chance (USA)
- Noi non siamo come James Bond (2012) as herself ... a.k.a. We're Nothing Like James Bond
- Horsley, Carter B. "From Russia With Love". The City Review. Archived from the original on 8 April 2012. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Tatiana Romanova (Daniela Bianchi)". Archived from the original on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 29 November 2012.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Lussana, Massimiliano. "James Bond e le radici genovesi dello 007 più famoso al mondo". ilGiornale.it. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "E' morto l'armatore genovese Alberto Cameli - The Medi Telegraph". www.themeditelegraph.com. Archived from the original on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Italian movie: Noi non siamo come James Bond" (in Italian). Archived from the original on 13 December 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniela Bianchi.|