Daniela Bianchi in 1963
31 January 1942 |
Daniela Bianchi (born 31 January 1942) is an Italian actress, best known for her role of Bond girl Tatiana Romanova in the 1963 movie From Russia with Love. She played a Soviet cipher clerk sent to entrap agent 007, James Bond. Bianchi was the daughter of an Italian Army colonel. She studied ballet for eight years, and later worked as a fashion model.
Born in Rome, Bianchi was the first runner-up in the 1960 Miss Universe contest, where she was also voted Miss Photogenic by the press. Her film career began in 1958. In From Russia with Love her voice was dubbed by Barbara Jefford due to Bianchi's heavy accent.
Bianchi made a number of French and Italian movies after From Russia with Love, the last being Scacco Internazionale in 1968. One of her later films was Operation Kid Brother (also known as OK Connery and Operation Double 007), which was a James Bond spoof filmed in English (though Bianchi was again dubbed) and starring Sean Connery's brother, Neil Connery. Her only role in an American production was in the Dr. Kildare three-part story "Rome Will Never Leave You."
In 2012, Bianchi appeared in a small role in the documentary film We're Nothing Like James Bond.
- En cas de malheur (1958) (uncredited) ... aka Love Is My Profession (USA)
- Les Démons de minuit (1961) ... aka Midnight Folly
- Una domenica d'estate (1962) as Donatella ... aka Always on Sunday (USA)
- La spada del Cid (1962) as Elvira ... aka The Sword of El Cid
- From Russia with Love (1963) as Tatiana Romanova
- Dr. Kildare as Francesca Paolini (3 episodes, 1964)
- Le Tigre aime la chair fraiche (1964) as Mehlica Baskine ... aka Code Name: Tiger (USA)
- Slalom (1965) as Nadia ... aka Snow Job (USA: TV title)
- L'ombrellone (1966) as Isabella Dominici ... aka Weekend, Italian Style
- Balearic Caper (1966) as Mercedes ... aka Operation Gold
- Special Mission Lady Chaplin (1966) as Lady Arabella Chaplin ... aka Operation Lady Chaplin
- Requiem per un agente segreto (1966) as Evelyn ... aka Requiem for a Secret Agent (USA)
- Troppo per vivere... poco per morire (1967) as Arabella ... aka Your Turn to Die
- O.K. Connery (1967) as Maya Rafis ... aka Operation Kid Brother (USA)
- Dalle Ardenne all'inferno (1967) as Kristina von Keist ... aka Dirty Heroes (USA)
- Scacco internazionale (1968) as Helen Harris ... aka The Last Chance (USA)
- Noi non siamo come James Bond (2012) as herself ... aka We're Nothing Like James Bond
- Horsley, Carter B. "From Russia With Love". The City Review. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- Tatiana Romanova (Daniela Bianchi) at the Wayback Machine (archived 2 December 2008)
- "Italian movie: Noi non siamo come James Bond" (in Italian). Retrieved 25 June 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniela Bianchi.|