|Minister of Health|
23 January 2009 – 8 May 2009
|Prime Minister||Mirek Topolánek|
|Preceded by||Tomáš Julínek|
|Succeeded by||Dana Jurásková|
|Senator from Prague 8|
20 October 2012
|Preceded by||Alena Palečková|
|Senator from Prague 2|
19 November 2000 – 28 October 2012
|Preceded by||Vladimír Zeman|
|Succeeded by||Libor Michálek|
9 August 1957 |
|Alma mater||Czech Technical University in Prague|
Daniela Filipiová (born 9 August 1957) is a Czech architect and politician. She served as Minister of Health for the Czech Republic from 23 January 2009 to 8 May 2009. A member of the Civic Democratic Party (ODS) Filipiová is a Senator representing Prague 8.
Filipiová graduated from the Czech Technical University in Prague in 1983 with a degree in architecture. She married and had a daughter, but was bothered by persistent back problems. In 1986 she underwent spinal cord surgery which left her paralyzed from the waist down. Nonetheless, she continued her career, remarried and had a second daughter. Filipiová is the author of several books: Život bez bariér (Life Without Barriers), Tvorba bezbariérové prostředí (Creating a barrier-free environment) and Projektujeme bez bariér (Designing without Barriers).
Minister of Health
On 23 January 2009, she assumed the position of Minister of Health under Prime Minister Mirek Topolánek replacing Tomáš Julínek. No new policy changes were made under her administration, but she sought to negotiate to get as much of the Julínek reforms through as possible. She officially resigned on 26 March 2009 when the government of PM Topolánek fell, but continued to serve in the caretaker government until 8 May 2009 when the government of Prime Minister Jan Fischer took office and Dana Jurásková became the Minister of Health.
- Slavík, P., Pollert, L. and Hamerník, V. (2007). "13. komnata Daniely Filipiové (13th Chamber: Daniela Filipiová)". Česká televize (Czech Television).
- Staff (26 October 2009). "Daniela Filipiová: absolventka ČVUT, bývalá ministryně zdravotnictví". Holky Pozor, České vysoké učení technické v Praze ( Czech Technical University in Prague). Archived from the original on 16 November 2009.
- Staff (January 2009). "Senátorka Filipiová přijala nabídku řídit zdravotnictví". Novinky.cz. Archived from the original on 24 February 2009.
- Matyášová, Veronika (23 January 2009). "Nová ministryně zdravotnictví Filipiová - Julínek v sukních (New Health Minister Filipiová - Julínek in skirts)". Česká televize (Czech Television).
- Benesova, Eva (17 March 2009). "Julínkova reforma se opět odkládá, Filipio vávyjednává (Julínkova reform again postponed Filipiová bargains)". Aktuálně.cz. Archived from the original on 21 March 2009.
- Daniela Filipiová personal website
- Official biography Úřadu vlády České republiky (Czech Government Office)
|Minister of Health of the Czech Republic
|This article about a Czech politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|