18 June 1980 |
Catania, Sicily, Italy
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, cinematographer|
Daniele Gangemi was born on June 18th 1980.
At the age of fifteen he gets fascinated by the world of photography and starts experimenting, shooting and printing with a reflex camera and with all the tools that he could find at that time.
During those years he starts working as an author and a host at two of the local TV channels. His versatility brings him to the radio station and for more than fifteen years he is the speaker and author of several Sicilian radio programs.
In 2008 he is in Catania directing his first movie “Una notte blu cobalto” ("Cobalt Blue Night") for which he also writes the plot and co-writes the script. In this movie there are popular and talented actors and actresses like Alessandro Haber, Corrado Fortuna, Regina Orioli and Valentina Carnelutti and the soundtrack is written and performed by Giuliano Sangiorgi who is the moving voice of the Italian Negramaro band.
In 2009 he is invited to the 42nd Worldfest International Independent Film Festival of Houston in Texas for the world premier of his movie “Una notte blu cobalto” getting the award for the ”Best First Feature”. In 2010 Bolero Film decides to bring his work to the movie theatres and in 2011 CG Home Video starts merchandising the DVDs of “Una notte blu cobalto” throughout the home video world.
In 2013, on the “XVII Giornata Bambini Vittime”, the organization “Meter“ hires him to direct a campaign-spot against pedofilia dedicated to those kids who were victims.
The same year sees Daniele Gangemi’s work appreciated by the ”BBC Music Video Festival“ with the music video “Safari Now” which he had created, co-written and directed and which is performed by Salvo Dub and oTs.
Director and Screenwriter
- Alter Ego (2002, short film)
- Una notte blu cobalto ("Cobalt Blue Night", 2008, first feature) *”Best First Feature” at the 42nd WIIFF of Houston
- Safari Now (2013, music video) *Official Selection - BBC Music Video Festival 2013
- "Best First Feature" at the 42° "Worldfest International Independent Film Festival" ( Houston, Texas ) for the feature film "Una notte blu cobalto" ("Cobalt Blue Night")
- Daniele Gangemi interviewed by Antenna Sicilia
- Film clip for the song "Safari Now"
- Film clip from the movie "Una notte blu cobalto" ("Cobalt Blue Night")
- Daniele Gangemi at the Internet Movie Database
- "Una notte blu cobalto" ("Cobalt Blue Night") - Official Trailer
- "Petali di Rosa" - Official Trailer
- The BBC Music Video Festival website
|This article about an Italian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Sicily-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|