|Birth name||Danielle Peskowitz Bregoli|
|Born||March 26, 2003|
Boynton Beach, Florida, U.S.
Danielle Peskowitz Bregoli (born March 26, 2003), also known by her stage name Bhad Bhabie (/ /, "bad baby"), is an American rapper and internet personality from Boynton Beach, Florida. She first became known from an episode of Dr. Phil in September 2016, in which she said the phrase, "Catch me outside, how about that?", which became a viral video meme and catchphrase. In 2017, Bregoli became the youngest female rapper ever to appear on the Billboard Hot 100 chart with her debut single "These Heaux". She subsequently signed a record deal with Atlantic Records and has now expanded into a reality show, a makeup brand, tours, and a music career. Bregoli released her first mixtape, 15, in September 2018. Its lead single, "Hi Bich", became her second single to appear on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Bregoli was born in Boynton Beach, Florida. Her parents, Ira Peskowitz and Barbara Ann Bregoli, dated for a year before Bregoli's mother became pregnant, later separating when she was an infant. She grew up in Boynton Beach, a city in Palm Beach County, in South Florida. Her father is Jewish and her mother is of Italian descent. Bregoli was raised in a Catholic household primarily by her mother, and is estranged from her father, a deputy who works for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.
Life and career
2016–2017: Dr. Phil appearance, rehab, and legal issues
On September 14, 2016, Bregoli and her mother, Barbara Ann, were interviewed on Dr. Phil for the segment "I Want To Give Up My Car-Stealing, Knife-Wielding, Twerking 13-Year-Old Daughter Who Tried To Frame Me For A Crime" to discuss Bregoli's behavior, which included stealing a crew member's car while the episode was being filmed. When Bregoli became irritated at the laughter that the audience exhibited at her expense, she responded to them by saying "Catch me outside, how about that?", jokingly challenging them to a fight outside the studio; her accent made the phrase sound like "Cash me ousside, how bout dah” which became a meme and Bregoli became known as the "'Cash Me Outside' Girl". On February 10, 2017, Bregoli reappeared on the show, but without the studio audience, due to the response at her previous appearance. Her first appearance on the show, and the catchphrase it spawned, would inspire a single based on the clip, which was recorded by DJ Suede The Remix God, which entered the Billboard Hot 100, Streaming Songs, and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts in its March 4, 2017 issue. The song in turn led to a series of dance videos that were uploaded onto YouTube.
Bregoli and her mother sued three companies for "infringing her intellectual property rights" by using her signature catchphrase without consent. She also threatened to sue Walmart for using her catchphrase on T-shirts. She was nominated for the 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards in the "Trending" category based on the catchphrase.
Following her appearance on Dr. Phil, Bregoli spent time at a Utah ranch for "troubled teens". She was later arrested and pleaded guilty to charges of grand theft, marijuana possession, and filing a false police report, for which she was sentenced to five years' probation in July 2017, but it ended earlier, in March 2018, after she hired a new lawyer.
2017–2018: music beginnings, and 15
In early 2017, Bregoli was signed by music manager Adam Kluger and initially received industry backlash.
"Everybody got weird" he says. "I wasn't even mad that they were bashing Danielle, because everyone was bashing Danielle at the time. I was like: 'You really don't believe that I know what I'm doing? Don't bet the horse, bet the jockey.""
By March 2017, Bregoli's personal worth was estimated to be $200,000.
Bregoli released her first single "These Heaux" (pronounced "hoes") on August 24, 2017. The recording reached number 77 on the Billboard Hot 100, making Bregoli the youngest female rap artist to debut on the music chart. The success of "These Heaux" prompted Atlantic Records to sign Bregoli to a multi-album recording contract. In September 2017, she remixed the Kodak Black song "Roll in Peace" and Tee Grizzley and Lil Yachty song "From the D to the A". On September 22, 2017, she released "Hi Bich" which reached number 68 on the Billboard Hot 100 and a day after, "Whachu Know", as a single alongside the video, which received over 3 million views in 24 hours. After a shorter break, on November 30, 2017 she released another single "I Got It", followed by "Mama Don't Worry (Still Ain't Dirty)" in December. In the latter, she's rapping about her past, and that her appearance in Dr. Phil should be forgotten. This theme is echoed in the video for "Both of Em", in which she buries her old self in a shallow grave. In "Hi Bich (Remix)" she collaborates for the first time with other artists, including YBN Nahmir, Rich the Kid and Asian Doll (in the video, for unknown reasons YBN Nahmir was replaced by MadeinTYO).
On March 26, 2018, she celebrated her birthday with a new song release, "Gucci Flip Flops", featuring Lil Yachty. Two days later, she received a gold certification from the RIAA for her single "Hi Bich". In mid-April, she released a freestyle called "Who Run It".
Her first tour across North America and Europe, together with Asian Doll, began on April 14, 2018, performing the first and second legs .
On May 2, 2018, the video for "Gucci Flip Flops" was released. Following the video's release, the song debuted on Billboard's Hot 100 Chart at number 80, becoming her third charting single on the chart. She received a 2018 Billboard Music Award nomination in the category of Best Female Rap Artist, along with Cardi B and Nicki Minaj.
On June 14, 2018, Bregoli released another single "Trust Me" featuring Ty Dolla Sign. On July 26, she released the video for "Trust Me", featuring guest appearances from Theo Von and Bella Thorne.
On August 14, 2018, Bregoli announced her upcoming mixtape 15. It would feature guest appearances from Lil Yachty, Ty Dolla $ign, YG, Lil Baby, City Girls and Asian Doll. One day later, she received a gold certification from the Recording Industry Association of America for her single "Gucci Flip Flops".
On August 30, 2018, Bregoli released her new single "Yung and Bhad" featuring City Girls. Two days before the release of her debut mixtape, she released a music video for Thot Opps (Clout Drop) and Bout That. On September 18, 2018, she released 15. She released the single "Geek'd" featuring Lil Baby, with a music video released two days later. Other album tracks such as "No More Love", "Famous", "Count It" and "Shhh" were presented as video shorts on YouTube. On October 17, she released "Juice" featuring rapper YG. A music video for "Juice" was also released, with a guest appearance from UFC Women's Featherweight Champion Cris Cyborg, but YG did not appear on the video.
On November 16, 2018, she embarked on the third and fourth legs of her tour, on the west coast of the US and Australia/New Zealand respectively. The tour received good reviews, stating Bregoli's stage presence made the show, some even comparing her to Britney Spears on the early years of her career.
2019–present: Bringing Up Bhabie and hiatus
In January 2019, Bregoli released two singles: "Babyface Savage" featuring Tory Lanez and "Bestie" featuring Kodak Black. Babyface Savage gained a lot of traction in YouTube and Twitter especially, with many clips of the songs gaining tens of thousands retweets and likes. The song also charted on Canada and on the Bubbling Under Hot 100 in the US, extending her record of the youngest female to have more entries in over 20 years. The music video reached 20 million views in under 2 months. Bestie's music video, directed by Michael Garcia, came out February 25, and was praised for its visuals and storyline. It featured product placement by multiple brands, and had a guest appearance by DMX.
In the same month, she announced an endorsement deal with Copycat Beauty, where she will promote the brand's products on her social media and music videos. She reportedly will be making and a percentage of the sales for the six-month deal. The deal was successful, as the company's sales spiked, reaching 500,000 on the first day.
Bregoli also released the trailer of her new reality show, Bringing Up Bhabie, which would detail her daily life and her building her music career. The show will come out on Snapchat, as one of their many upcoming Snap Originals. The first season had 12 episodes, and TMZ reported outstanding ratings of over 10 million unique viewers in its first 24 hours. They also reported she was set to make over 10 million dollars during 2019. During September 2019, the reality show was renewed by Snapchat for a second season due to air in March 2020.
During April and May 2019, Bregoli released a remix of Bestie by Spenda C Nola Bounce and a radio version of the song with Megan Thee Stallion. She released the version with Megan in order for her song to be played on the radio as radio stations were boycotting Kodak Black at the time. Bregoli also released the double singles “Lotta Dem” and her song “Spaz” which features YBN Nahmir. The making of the Spaz music video was recorded for her Snapchat show “Bringing Up Bhabie”. The following month, she released another single called “Get Like Me” which has a feature from NLE Choppa.
In December 2019, a video of Bregoli wearing box braids was posted to Instagram, causing controversy over cultural appropriation. This caused her to go on a social media hiatus. In February 2020, she ended her hiatus with a freestyle to Nicki Minaj’s song "Yikes" which was uploaded to streaming services only, also announcing that new music would be out soon.
- 15 (2018)
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"These Heaux"||2017||77||34||57||Non-album single|
|"Whachu Know"||—||—||—||Non-album singles|
|"I Got It"||—||—||—|
|"Mama Don't Worry (Still Ain't Dirty)"||—||—||—|
|“Both of Em”||2018||—||—||—|
|"Gucci Flip Flops"
(featuring Lil Yachty)
(featuring Ty Dolla Sign)
|"Geek'd" (featuring Lil Baby)||—||—||—|
(featuring Tory Lanez)
(featuring Kodak Black or Megan Thee Stallion)
(featuring YBN Nahmir)
|"Get Like Me"
(featuring NLE Choppa)
|"—" denotes a title that did not chart, or was not released in that territory.|
|"Roll in Peace" (feat. Kodak Black & XXXTentacion)||2017||N/A||SoundCloud|
|"From the D to the A" (feat. Tee Grizzley & Lil Yachty)|
|"Rubbin' Off the Paint" (feat. YBN Nahmir)|
|"Who Run It" (feat. G Herbo)||2018|
|"Yung and Bhad"(feat. City Girls)||All|
|"Thot Opps (Clout Drop)"|
|"No More Love"|
|"Juice" (feat. YG)|
|"Playboy Style"||2018||Clean Bandit, Charli XCX||What Is Love?|
|"Whatcha Gon Do"||2019||Benzi, Rich the Kid, 24Hrs||Non-album single|
- Bhanned in the USA Tour (2018–2019)
Awards and nominations
|2018||Billboard Music Awards||Top Rap Female Artist||Nominated|
- "Trust Me" did not enter the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, but peaked at number nine on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart.
- "Bestie" did not enter the Billboard Hot 100 Songs chart, but entered the Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart.
- "Babyface Savage" did not enter the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, but peaked at number eight on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart.
- "Bestie" did not enter the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, but peaked at number eight on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart.
Rachel Podnar (February 12, 2017). "Cash me outside teen returns; Kate McKinnon wows on SNL". Washington Post. Retrieved March 27, 2017.
Danielle Peskowitz Bregoli first appeared on the show in fall 2016, and a clip of her saying, “Catch me outside, how about that” went viral.
- "Bhad Bhabie Celebrates 15th Birthday With New Song 'Gucci Flip Flops,' Feat. Lil Yachty". Billboard. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- Musumeci, Natalie (August 2, 2017). "'Cash me outside' girl sentenced to 5 years probation". The New York Post.
- "Top 100 songs". https://www.billboard.com. Retrieved September 15, 2017. External link in
- Staff, Variety (September 16, 2017). "'Cash Me Outside' Girl Signs With Atlantic Records: 'A Real Star With Undeniable Talent,' Says Label Executive". Variety. Retrieved February 26, 2018.
- Davidson, Sora (February 14, 2018). "From Boynton to Bel Air ft Danielle Bregoli: 'Cash Me Outside' girl #Create". medium.com. Retrieved March 6, 2019.
- Keiles, Jamie Lauren (July 3, 2018). "The Big Business of Becoming Bhad Bhabie". The New York Times. Retrieved December 4, 2018.
- Neal, David J (April 6, 2017). "A church using 'Cash Me Outside' to draw in members? How bow dah?". Miami Herald. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- Duret, Daphne (March 22, 2017). "EXCLUSIVE: Dad wants Cash Me Outside girl out of Hollywood, in therapy". My Palm Beach Post. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- stubblebine, allison (September 19, 2017). "A Timeline of Danielle Bregoli's (a.k.a. the 'Cash Me Outside' Girl) Rise to Celebrity". Billboard. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Desantis, Rachel (February 10, 2017). "Cash me ousside teen to Dr. Phil – You were nothing before me". Entertainment Weekly.
- Zimmerman, Amy (February 10, 2017). "'Cash Me Outside' Girl Danielle Bregoli Is Dr. Phil's Latest Victim". The Daily Beast.
- Wilson, Samantha (February 7, 2017). "Danielle Peskowitz Bregoli: Who's The 'Cash Me Outside' Girl Everyone's Obsessed With?". Hollywood Life.
- Schroder, Jessa (February 10, 2017). "'Cash me outside' girl returns to 'Dr. Phil' after months of treatment, slightly humbled". New York Daily News. Retrieved April 19, 2017.
- "'Cash Me Outside' Remix Hits Hot 100 Thanks to Viral Dr. Phil Clip" from Billboard. February 24, 2017.
- Lakshmin, Deepa (May 2, 2017). "The "Cash Me Outside" Meme Is An MTV Movie & TV Awards Nominee, How Bout Dat?". MTV. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- Burke, Minyvonne (June 28, 2017). "'Cash Me Outside' girl Danielle Bregoli pleads guilty to grand theft, possession of marijuana and other charges". New York Daily News.
- "Bhad Bhabie Off Five-Year Probation – XXL". XXL Mag. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- Jamie Lauren Keiles (July 3, 2018). "The Big Business of Becoming Bhad Bhabie: How a troubled Florida teenager went from the "Dr. Phil" show to signing a major-label record deal as a rapper". New York Times.
- Allison Cacich (March 16, 2017). "Is "Cash Me Outside" Girl Danielle Bregoli Already a Millionaire? Get the Scoop!". Life and Style magazine. Retrieved March 27, 2017.
- "The 'Cash Me Ousside' Girl Just Dropped the Video for Her New Single, So Watch It Here and We Won't Tell Anyone". Maxim. August 31, 2017. Retrieved September 11, 2017.
- Real, Evan (September 7, 2017). "'Cash Me Outside' Girl Danielle Bregoli Verbally Attacks Her Dad in New Diss Track". Life & Style. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- "'Cash Me Outside' girl Danielle Bregoli somehow lands contract with Atlantic Records". Alternative Press. September 15, 2017. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- Penrose, Nerisha. "'Cash Me Outside' Girl Inks Record Deal With Atlantic Records". Billboard. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Findley, Mitch (September 7, 2017). "Danielle Bregoli drops her remix of Kodak Black & XXXTentacion's "Roll In Peace."". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- Hudelson, Molly (September 21, 2017). ""Whachu Know" about Bhad Bhabie? She's back with two new videos". Substream Magazine. Retrieved September 22, 2017.
- Kenneally, Tim (September 21, 2017). "'Cash Me Outside' Girl Danielle Bregoli Tells the Judge 'Hi Bich' in Latest Musical Opus (Video)". The Wrap. The Wrap. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- "Bhad Bhabie Is Bhack With 'I Got It' Song & Video". Billboard. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie Talks Making Bank on 'Mama Don't Worry (Still Ain't Dirty)': Listen". Billboard. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie Is Reborn in 'Both of Em' Video". Billboard. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie's 'Hi Bich' Remix Features Asian Doll, Rich the Kid & YBN Nahmir: Listen". billboard.com. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie Hooks Up With Asian Doll, Rich the Kid & MadeinTYO for 'Hi Bich' Remix VIdeo". Billboard. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie Celebrates 15th Birthday With New Song 'Gucci Flip Flops,' Feat. Lil Yachty". Billboard. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie Scores Her 1st Gold Record With 'Hi Bich'".
- "Bhad Bhabie Drops Off Her "Who Run It" Freestyle". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved May 6, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie to Headline North American Tour". Billboard. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- "Watch Bhad Bhabie Talk Billboard Music Awards Nomination, Nicki Minaj & Cardi B, Working With Ty Dolla $ign, More". Billboard. Retrieved December 22, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie Recruits Ty Dolla Sign for "Trust Me"". Complex. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie & City Girls Are "Yung And Bhad" On Their New Collab". HotNewHipHop. Retrieved December 22, 2018.
- Blais-Billie, Braudie (September 18, 2018). "Bhad Bhabie Shares Debut Mixtape 15: Listen". Pitchfork. Retrieved September 19, 2018.
- Desk, BWW News. "Bhad Bhabie Releases 'Geek'd' Video Featuring Lil Baby". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved December 22, 2018.
- Bhad Bhabie, BHAD BHABIE "Geek'd" feat. Lil Baby (Official Music Video) | Danielle Bregoli, retrieved December 22, 2018
- "Bhad Bhabie's New Music Video for 'Juice' Features UFC Champ Cris Cyborg". Complex. Retrieved December 22, 2018.
- Bhad Bhabie, BHAD BHABIE feat. YG – "Juice" (Official Music Video) | Danielle Bregoli, retrieved December 22, 2018
- "Bhad Bhabie promotes tour in Australia and West Coast of US". Instagram. November 6, 2018. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- "Bhad Bhabie´s concert proves all her haters wrong". 10daily. December 11, 2018.
- "Bhad Bhabie, Auckland NZ, 2018". Ambient Light Blog. December 15, 2018. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Saponara, Michael (January 10, 2019). "Bhad Bhabie & Tory Lanez Flex in Neon-Splashed 'Babyface Savage' Video: Watch". Billboard. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "Babyface Savage Twitter snippet". Twitter.
- "Billboard Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved October 10, 2017.
- "Bhad Bhabie matches LeAnn Rimes". TMZ.
- Bhad Bhabie (February 25, 2019). "Bestie Music Video". Youtube.
- "Danielle Bregoli Says Her Makeup Endorsements Could Rival Kylie Jenner's".
- "Bhad Bhabie Scores K Makeup Endorsement Deal". Complex. Retrieved February 14, 2019.
- "Danielle Bregoli deal raises sales".
- "DANIELLE BREGOLI – SNAPCHAT SERIES ON PACE TO SET RECORDS – ... TV & Movie Roles Next?!?". TMZ. February 2019.
- Bhad Bhabie Is Back for Summer
- "Billboard Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved September 12, 2017.
- "Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs". Billboard. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- "Gold & Platinum – RIAA: Bhad Bhabie". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved April 14, 2019.
- "Gold/Platinum – Music Canada". Music Canada. Retrieved April 14, 2019.
- "Lil Yachty Chart History: Bubbling Under Hot 100". Billboard. Retrieved May 22, 2018.
- "Spaz (feat. YBN Namir) – Single by Bhad Bhabie". Spotify. Retrieved July 3, 2019.
- "Lotta Dem – Single by Bhad Bhabie". Apple Music. Retrieved May 30, 2019.
- "Get Like Me (feat. NLE Choppa) – Single by Bhad Bhabie". Apple Music. Retrieved June 27, 2019.
- "What Is Love? (Deluxe) by Clean Bandit". Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Halperin, Shirley; Halperin, Shirley (May 20, 2018). "Bhad Bhabie: From 'Cash Me Outside' to Cashing in on a Legit Rap Career".