February 28, 1969|
|Occupation||psychic, musician, actress, media personality|
Danielle Egnew is a musician, actress, media personality, activist and self-described psychic known in the areas of music, film, radio and television for both performing and producing in all four genres. She is Openly Lesbian. Born in Billings, Montana on February 28, 1969, Danielle Egnew currently resides there with her wife.
Egnew has served as the frontwoman, writer, and producer for several projects including female alternative rock band Pope Jane from 1996–present (on hiatus), and Backseat Bordello, an acoustic guitar and vocal duo formed in 2009 with Pope Jane drummer Kristen Coyner.
Egnew is a music producer within the pop, rock, and country-crossover genres. She has been noted in magazine articles and interviews as a strong female producer due to creative production choices and musical direction and commitment to budget. In 2010, Egnew produced Pope Jane bassist Holly Shawver's rock solo project, The Holly Shawver Project, also contributing vocal arrangement, backing vocals, and rhythm guitar.
In 2008, Egnew signed a multi-tiered recording contract with Maurice The Fish Records, allowing her to create music in several different genres simultaneously. Her solo album Red Lodge was her first label release (2008), nominated for the 2008 NAMMY Awards (Native American Music) in the Best Folk Recording Category. In 2011, she co-founded Tin Star Records with Roy Pack and in 2013, Egnew was named as co-owner of Maurice The Fish Records, raising her total ownership in recording labels to three including Ave Vox Music Group.
As a composer, Egnew writes film scores and television theme music for a number of broadcast endeavors including the feature films Montgomery House: The Perfect Haunting (Paranormal Documentary – Ave Vox Entertainment / 2009), Changing Spots (Drama – Clear Pictures / 2007), and the Cannes Film Festival Tough Love (Comedy – 2010).
- 2010 – Backseat Bordello (with Kristen Coyner)
- 2010 – Wayne's Waitress: The Holly Shawver Project (Producer)
- 2010 – Tough Love Film Score
- 2009 – Montgomery House: The Perfect Haunting Film Score
- 2008 – Red Lodge (solo)
- 2008 – Changing Spots Film Score
- 2007 – Junkie Cousin (EP)
- 2006 – Otherworld (ambient)
- 2006 – Wild Lamb (Solo)
- 2005 – Rise (ambient)
- 2004 – Vast (ambient)
- 2004 – Pulse (ambient)
- 2003 – Dog and Pony Show (Pope Jane)
- 2001 – Industry Whore (Pope Jane)
- 2000 – Hide Me From The Moon (Pope Jane)
- 1998 – Relief (Pope Jane)
- 1996 – Pope Jane (Self Titled)
- 1995 – Country vs Western (with Wayne Lembcke)
- 1992 – Danielle Marae Live
Film, television and stage
After attending the University of Arizona Musical Theater and Eastern Montana College Theater, Egnew went on to be an actor, film producer and screenwriter. Her original screenplay Thunder Walk was optioned by Los Angeles production entity Light Renegade Entertainment (2003). As an actor, Egnew starred as "Peg Franklin" in the Clear Pictures feature film Changing Spots (2008), for which she is also credited as a Producer.
In 2009 Egnew wrote, produced, directed and starred in the feature length paranormal documentary Montgomery House: The Perfect Haunting, chronicling the haunted history of the Montgomery House Bed and Breakfast in Kalama, Washington. Egnew appeared as herself onscreen in the documentary, which was written, produced, and directed by Egnew through her production company Ave Vox Entertainment. The film contains Egnew's contributed musical score.
While at The University of Arizona, Egnew was one of the first featured female members of the sketch comedy group Comedy Corner, sharing Comedy Corner alumni status with other notables such as Saturday Night Live writer Alex Baze.
In 2011, Egnew was a cast member and Associate Producer during the three-day all-celebrity charity performances of The Vagina Monologues for V-Day Valley LA. She has contributed as a repeat bi-coastal cast member of The Vagina Monologues for both the 2007 V-Day WestLA Celebrity Charity Cast, as well as the 2006 V-Day New York Celebrity Charity Cast.
In 2006 Danielle Egnew launched the paranormal website Haunted Playground., which in February 2010 became Haunted Playground with Sheena Metal and Danielle Egnew, a paranormal talk radio show on LA Talk Radio with a companion webseries, both co-hosted by Egnew and talk radio veteran Sheena Metal.
In February 2010, the weekly paranormal talk radio show Haunted Playground with Sheena Metal and Danielle Egnew was launched on LA Talk Radio, along with a companion webseries, produced by Danielle Egnew and co-hosted with talk radio veteran Sheena Metal.
Egnew is also a regular re-curring guest on the top-rated talk program The Sheena Metal Experience on LA Talk Radio, a daily two-hour talk radio program hosted by stand-up comic, radio personality and celebrity journalist Sheena Metal, Monday-Friday 5-7pm PST. Danielle Egnew has produced and co-hosted the world-syndicated talk-music hybrid The Music Highway with Sheena Metal.
Egnew has produced and anchored her own syndicated talk radio program The High Road (2004–2006), focusing on spiritual and sociological topics, and composed the musical themes for both The High Road and The Music Highway with Sheena Metal.
Danielle Egnew appears as herself in television, film, and radio as a psychic and medium. In this capacity she has starred for a pilot episode of a series on cold cases entitled Missing Peace and participated with investigation of the paranormal. Danielle Egnew has worked as a content consultant on paranormal-themed television series Supernatural (CW) and America's Psychic Challenge (Lifetime).
In 2011, Egnew launched The Call To Light Press, a blog whose content reflects spiritual, paranormal and extra terrestrial interests. She tours the United States as a keynote speaker and lecturer.
In 2012 Danielle Egnew authored the book True Tales of the Truly Weird: Real Paranormal Accounts from a Real Psychic, detailing her alleged encounters with paranormal phenomenon. Egnew was named Psychic of the Year and Top UFOlogists of 2012 by UFO's and Supernatural Magazine.
Egnew is a celebrity advocate for same-sex marriage rights, acting as a celebrity endorser for a number of local and national campaigns including Virginia's VoteNO campaign, providing PSA's and print materials for the endeavor.
In the past, Egnew has worked on a number of campaigns ranging from political candidates to Washington State's "Right To Die" campaign, supporting the legal upholding of living wills in a court of law, as well as working on the campaign to implement Washington State's Universal Health Care System. 2008 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton campaigned on the Universal Health Care platform. Barack Obama campaigned with a similar National Health Care format.
Egnew officially endorsed New York Senator Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primaries for the 2008 Presidential Election.
Awards & Honors
At the 2008 Native American Music Awards (NAMMYS), Egnew's solo album "Red Lodge" (Maurice The Fish Records) was nominated as Best Folk Recording.
- "Pope Jane Official Website". Archived from the original on July 27, 2013. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Backseat Bordello". Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- Bronstein, Lynne (2004). "Home Cookin' – 3 Acts Who've Taken Their Home Recordings Straight to the Bank". Music Connection Magazine. XXVIII (18).
- "Danielle Egnew, Co-Owner". Tin Star Records. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- "Maurice The Fish Records". Archived from the original on February 11, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "Ave Vox Entertainment". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Danielle Egnew – IMDb". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Montgomery House: The Perfect Haunting Official Website". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Danielle Egnew - Psychic, Medium and Author". Retrieved March 6, 2017.
- "Haunted Playground with Sheena Metal and Danielle Egnew – on LA Talk Radio". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Haunted Playground with Sheena Metal and Danielle Egnew". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "LA Talk Radio – The Sheena Metal Experience". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Music Highway Radio with Sheena Metal". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Missing Peace: The Norma Lopez Case". Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "Haunted Playground: The Hotel Del Coronado". Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "The Call To Light Press". Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "The Art and Soul Festival". Archived from the original on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "True Tales of the Truly Weird: Real Paranormal Accounts from a Real Psychic". Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- North, Peggy (2012). "Danielle Egnew: Psychic of the Year". UFO's and Supernatural Magazine. I (3).
- "Danielle Egnew Same-Sex Marriage Campaign Promotional Materials". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Award-Winning LGBT Entertainment Icon and Activist Endorses Hillary Clinton" (Press release). News Blaze. February 8, 2008. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- "Danielle Egnew concert at Venture Theatre". Billings Gazette. Retrieved February 9, 2013.