The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||Boulder, Colorado, U.S.|
|Residence||Oakland, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Notable work||WALL-E (2008)|
Life and career
Danielle Feinberg was born in Boulder, Colorado and graduated from Boulder High School. Growing up, she attended summer camps and after-school programs for students interested in computer programming and engineering. She attended Harvard University, where she was introduced to computer animation in a computer graphics course during her junior year. She graduated in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts in computer science.
After graduating from Harvard, she started working at Pixar in February 1997 as a technician managing the large libraries of data and images for rendering A Bug's Life. She has since been credited for leading work in visual effects, technical direction, and graphics.
Outside of Pixar, she mentors girls to get them interested in STEM through groups like Girls Who Code. She says yes to every talk which provides a platform to inspire and encourage girls to dreams and pursue it by getting into STEM fields. In fact, the made with code, which is an initiative launched by Google, was kick started with her inspiring keynote.
|1998||A Bug's Life||lead render technical director|
|1999||Toy Story 2||master lighting artist|
|2001||Monsters, Inc||master lighting artist|
|2003||Finding Nemo||computer graphics supervisor||lead development on ocean graphics unit|
|2004||The Incredibles||lead lighting artist|
|2007||Ratatouille||master lighting artist|
|2008||WALL-E||director of photography in lighting|
|2012||Brave||director of photography in lighting|
|2015||Inside Out||master lighting artist|
|2017||Coco||director of photography in lighting|
|2003||Exploring the Reef||technical supervisor||short documentary film distributed with Finding Nemo|
|2006||Lifted||lighting artist||Initial theatrical release with Ratatouille|
|2009||Partly Cloudy||lighting||Initial theatrical release with UP|
|2018||Coco||Nominated for Annie award||Outstanding achievement for product design in an animated feature production.|
- Suechting, Max (July–August 2015). "Action, Camera, Lights: Putting the finishing touches on animated worlds". Harvard Magazine. Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "Q&A with Danielle Feinberg". Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "IMDb Danielle Feinberg". Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "Danielle Feinberg on getting women in STEM". Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- "Made with code kicks off with Danielle Feinberg". Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- "Danielle Feinberg at TED Talks Live". Retrieved April 16, 2016.
- "TED Talk: The magic ingredient that brings Pixar movies to life". Retrieved January 16, 2017.
- "Nominees for Annie Award". Retrieved December 10, 2017.