January 31, 1971 |
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Occupation||Stage, film, television actress|
|Known for||actress in Into The Woods show on Broadway|
She made her Broadway debut at age 13 as Louise in Stephen Sondheim's Sunday in the Park with George (1984). She next appeared off-Broadway in Paradise! (1985). In 1987 she was the singing child star in Woody Allen's Radio Days. She returned to Broadway, originating the role of Little Red Ridinghood in the 1987 musical Into the Woods. For her performance in Into the Woods she received the 1988 Theatre World Award and also was nominated for the 1988 Drama Desk Award, Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical.
Other credits include The Crucible (1991), Fredrika in A Little Night Music Lincoln Center Revival in 1991, Uncommon Women and Others (1994), Tartuffe at the Delacorte Theatre in 1999, A Year with Frog and Toad (2003), Engaged (2004), She Stoops to Conquer at the Irish Repertory Company in 2005, the concert and recording of the York Theatre production of Summer of '42 (2006), Like Love, New York Music Festival, 2007  and All My Sons (2008).
In 2011 she directed "A Year With Frog and Toad" with Boston Children's Theatre.
- Hernandez, Ernio."Frozen Director Gets Engaged as Farce Plays Off-Broadway, April 20-May 16", playbill.com, April 20, 2004
- Gans, Andrew."Summer of '42 CD — with York, Keenan-Bolger and Ferland — Due in Fall" playbill.com, August 21, 2006
- Hetrick, Adam."DeLaria Rolls in With Ferland, Bodnar and Evan for Sept. 20 NYMF Openings", playbill.com, September 20, 2007
- Nargi, Jan.Broadway's Danielle Ferland Accentuates the Positive in BCT Master Class broadwayworld.com, August 12, 2009
- 2009 by Recorded Books, LLC
- "FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Into the Woods Arrives! Previews Begin Tomorrow for Sondheim’s Fairy Tale Musical", press release, CENTERSTAGE, State Theater of Maryland, BALTIMORE, March 2012.
- Danielle Ferland at the Internet Broadway Database
- Danielle Ferland at the Internet Movie Database
- Internet Off-Broadway Database listing